Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Obtaining full doors or half doors-what is easier?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Obtaining full doors or half doors-what is easier?

This link:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ear-half-doors

containing photos of zerodown's 4 door is inspiring! I think that is the perfect look and function on a 4 door for my needs.

I really like the look of the full doors up front and the half doors in the rear but apparently this is not easy to do from all I have read. I am only interested in factory doors as I have not found a decent alternative yet.

I am guessing that to make this work with a soft top one would first have to get the jeep with the half doors then try and find paint matched fronts. Also, is there an easy way to use the half door soft top with the full front doors? Is there a piece that you just zip out of the soft top to make that work with the front full doors?

Thanks for any helpful insight.

Last edited by dan3jeeps; 01-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck finding pre-painted doors in your color in either half or full. Half doors are cheaper than full doors.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get a hald door kit from quadratec. or you can order jeep with half door then just trade someone withna 2 door for the fronts.

Quick Reply: Obtaining full doors or half doors-what is easier?