Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Nukizer petition

Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nukizer petition

Originally Posted by itsarubiconday
We sit here and discuss this, and complain about it, but Chrysler won't move on a REAL truck. Apparently, someone is trying to show them that we as a offroad community want one.

Check this out: Nukizer Petition
Thought this was worthy of its own thread...
Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default oops

Sorry Jeremy,
Didn't see the other thread you started in another section before I posted. Mods, feel free to remove this thread as it is now worthless! Signed! My Chevy is looking pretty sad next to my girl's mean ass JK. Will try to get pictures posted up soon!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Nukizer and the Gladiator will not be built. Ford and Gm stopped building small pickups a long time ago. Why .....They don't sell! Sorry Chrysler but your CEO cant stop staring at his Challanger's and 300's to see the potential of the Jeep line if you started giving the public what it wants HEMI's in JK's!!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
The Nukizer and the Gladiator will not be built. Ford and Gm stopped building small pickups a long time ago. Why .....They don't sell! Sorry Chrysler but your CEO cant stop staring at his Challanger's and 300's to see the potential of the Jeep line if you started giving the public what it wants HEMI's in JK's!!
Fords only small pickup (unless you count the Explorer Sport Trac) has been the Ranger and they still make it. I just looked at their online showroom. Also Rangers sell incredibly well.

I didn't bother to see if GM still makes the S10 but I doubt it. I'd never buy one anyway.

Your point is defiantly still valid though. Chrysler doesn't listen to Jeepers. That's our fault though. We always complain about the changes we want/ don't want, problems with 'x' number of things, power issues, etc. At the end of the day we still buy the Wrangler. I'm no business man but if I was Chrysler I wouldn't change much either. They know it will sell either way. As far as the Nukizer being built, I think it's not that there is no market for it, but no profit for it. The Asian makers and Ford have a pretty good grab of the market. For Chrysler to tie up the R&D time/ money, production cost, advertising, etc. in something like that, it would need to fill a gap (and well).

Let's be honest, the MPGs would be terrible, it wouldn't be particularly well suited at doing anything, and the production version would undoubtedly be a lot less cool than the prototype.

That said, I'd love to see it built but I wouldn't buy one. I like my Wrangler with all the same problems except the well suited part. It's well suited for off road capability.

Last edited by dj1123; 09-01-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Nukizer petition