Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

now I'm pissed

Old 01-23-2007, 02:09 PM
paarrowman

Default now I'm pissed

Hey! Took the advice of the first thread in this section, and decided to check the status of my 4dr. Rubi after waiting 11 WEEKS . Turns out the friggin thing hasn't even been manufactured yet, but is status D, which they tell me is "firmly in place to be built". What's the deal???

Does anyone know about the various priority codes? Mine's 99, which (as a layperson) doesn't sound too urgent to me.

Of course I leaned on the dealer as much as possible, but since I got it for 1% below invoice, I don't think they give a crap about me & my Jeep.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nevermind

(I was in the wrong "now I'm pissed" thread....)
Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4 door Rubi, only 11 weeks and you are in D. You probably aren't doing too bad.

Alot has to do with your dealers allocation, too.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have gladly had my Jeep in D status at 11 weeks.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by paarrowman
Hey! Took the advice of the first thread in this section, and decided to check the status of my 4dr. Rubi after waiting 11 WEEKS . Turns out the friggin thing hasn't even been manufactured yet, but is status D, which they tell me is "firmly in place to be built". What's the deal???

Does anyone know about the various priority codes? Mine's 99, which (as a layperson) doesn't sound too urgent to me.

Of course I leaned on the dealer as much as possible, but since I got it for 1% below invoice, I don't think they give a crap about me & my Jeep.
Let me guess, you're not exactly into the "delayed gratification thing?"
Old 01-24-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Read through the sticky on order status. it list all the code status. Getting to "D" is a major milestone, you actually may get one.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:39 AM
paarrowman

I have no problem with delayed gratification, but I guess I'm burnt at the salesman who exaggerated to make a sale--which was a done deal anyway. This is our third jeep from this dealership, and we were getting it regardless of the wait. If he said 3-4 months up front, we would've planned accordingly. Telling us 8 weeks "max" was irresponsible.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe a dealer would exaggerate - no way no how.

Sometimes in life, one might take into account the type of person that is giving you informatin and consder if that person might have some motivation to stretch the truth a little.

He's a CAR SALESMAN! And he did his job - he sold you a car!

This forum was here 11 weeks ago and if you had done a tad bit more research you would have known the truth - isn't that why Al Gore invented the Internet.

Good luck - read this forum and you will be happy being in D after 11 weeks.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/check-status-your-jeep-jk-wrangler-order-status-codes-161/

Originally Posted by paarrowman
I have no problem with delayed gratification, but I guess I'm burnt at the salesman who exaggerated to make a sale--which was a done deal anyway. This is our third jeep from this dealership, and we were getting it regardless of the wait. If he said 3-4 months up front, we would've planned accordingly. Telling us 8 weeks "max" was irresponsible.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

At least you have a salesman to bi**h at. Mine quit after I ordered mine.

Quick Reply: now I'm pissed