Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Northridge v. Quadratec

Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've ordered from both several times. My only complaint about Quadratech is they don't keep you updated when an item is on backorder. I did once hit the wrong button when ordering a very heavy item (rock sliders) from Quadratech and got the 2 door rather than the 4 door . Was able to return them with no issue but it did cost me $85 bucks in shipping. Was my fault and would not expect any shipper to refund shipping for something that was not defective.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like everyone is throwing their two cents into this one, so I guess I will too.

I've ordered from many different suppliers, including Northridge, Quadratec, and other big and small places.
Most of the big places like Quadratec and 4WD will price match. It says so in their catalogs, you just have to ask. I've only had one really bad experience with Quadratec, other than never being updated on backorders.

However, dealing with David is great because he knows his stuff, and is always easy to get ahold of. He is the one running the place, so he knows what is in stock, and gets it shipped out quickly.
Unfortunately, I thought for a long time (incorrectly) that Northridge was just a small-time local shop in the Pacific Northwest. I wish I had realized sooner what a big player David is in the Jeep parts game.

Now, I'll always try to give him the business first, and I would recommend him to anybody.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by armycop
Plus now Northridge is just up street from me.
That is dangerous for the pocket book!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

northridge 4x4... quadratec.... tijuana.... NO matter what, it's all better than ordering from the STEALERSHIP!!!!! oh and DAVE has my Vote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Default No dog in this race, however...

I remember buying my "Jeep" accessories from a "J C Penny" catalogue... Wow has a lot changed... And sayiing this, I now feel old.

Last edited by Orangutan; 10-06-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

As many have I have ordered from multiple vendors.

I have only used the Northridge site to order one time. The rest of the times I spoke with David 1st hand. He has actually talked me out of sales of products that he carries. He did this out of concern for me the customer. I just can't imagine another vendor doing the same thing.

If you order something that doesn't preform as promissed or has an issue with construction or fit and finish you should expect to be able to return those products without charge.

If you order something and then change your mind you should consider yourself lucky you get to return it at all. Then to complain you were not treated fairly is very petty
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Personally, I prefer Northridge4x4... I HATE that quadratec will show something being on their site, will not say it isnt in stock, you order it.. and BAM its backordered..

I order everything from Northridge whenever I can.. Since I live on the east coast, If I need something ASAP I order it from Quadratec because I get it the next day paying for only standard ground shipping. But I call them and order it on the phone because I dont want to order items that are not in stock.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Orangutan
I remember buying my "Jeep" accessories from a "J C Penny" catalogue... Wow has a lot changed... And sayiing this, I now feel old.
You mean J.C. Whitney right???
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sin52
You mean J.C. Whitney right???
No, actually from a 2" thick "J C Penny" catalogue. (back in the eighties, North Shore Mall) Seems weird today, clothes, home goods, and then in the middle, a few pages with "Jeep" accessories. (Olympic bumpers, stainless hinges, bikini tops...). My friend used "J C Whitney", as he practically ordered an entire custom "Volkswagon Bug" through the mail.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Orangutan
No, actually from a 2" thick "J C Penny" catalogue. (back in the eighties, North Shore Mall) Seems weird today, clothes, home goods, and then in the middle, a few pages with "Jeep" accessories. (Olympic bumpers, stainless hinges, bikini tops...). My friend used "J C Whitney", as he practically ordered an entire custom "Volkswagon Bug" through the mail.
No shit. Good stuff there!

Quick Reply: Northridge v. Quadratec