Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Northridge v. Quadratec

Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I order a lot of Jeep parts, treating a customer poorly only hurts you in the long run especially someone who orders a lot of parts. Anyway its said and done now.
I am not arguing with you either just stating the facts you said I was charging you the 30% restocking fee and you didnt want to pay that.

Also I dont think being fair is bieng treated poorly. But I guess that is just my opinion.

Cant please everybody.

David
Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the lesson here is do your research. If you have a question about a product get the answer, either from the company you are ordering it from, a fellow Jeep owner, or someone on the forum. This should be done so you don't have to return it!

When I was shopping for my lift, David at Northridge was really helpful. I think it helps that he drives and loves the same Jeeps we do.

On the flip side there have been many threads discussing the poor customer service or complaints about Quadratech. Just sayin.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds to me like the main problem people have is researching the parts AFTER they purchase and not before. I'm in a business that deals with customers as well and I want them to be well educated on their purchase before they buy from me. If they don't, it costs me time and other expenses. David seems to be doing his part by giving great prices and shipping to begin with so I think we should do our part in doing the research on the product before ordering. I read forum posts for weeks on the Superchips Flashpaq before ordering and have no buyers remorse. He was about 60 bux cheaper than some of the big brand stores if not even more. Just my .02
Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just want to add that as of today I changed my return policy . Customers speak and I listen . There is no restocking fee at all.

Return Policy
All returns require prior authorization, Northridgex4 will only accept new items. An RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number must be obtained from Northridge4x4 within 7 days of receiving your merchandise in order for you to receive a cash refund. All returns after 7 days will only be eligible for an in-store credit. All shipping charges are non-refundable and the Customer is Required to pay the cost of the original shipping and the cost of the return shipping.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Just want to add that as of today I changed my return policy . Customers speak and I listen . There is no restocking fee at all.

Return Policy
All returns require prior authorization, Northridgex4 will only accept new items. An RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number must be obtained from Northridge4x4 within 7 days of receiving your merchandise in order for you to receive a cash refund. All returns after 7 days will only be eligible for an in-store credit. All shipping charges are non-refundable and the Customer is Required to pay the cost of the original shipping and the cost of the return shipping.
Enough said here. I think this statement above only makes Davids loyal customers feel safer and confident buying from him.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

Back to the Quadratec vs Northridge question.....both are good...I have ordered from both, but IMO Northridge is superior .....Most recently (see sig) I ordered a boat load of stuff from (David) at Northridge.......this was the first time dealing with him, and to be completely honest, he truly lives up to his reputation I much prefer to order from someone I can talk to who is not just a paid employee to take your order.....David is someone who is genuine and will take the time to explain to you what you need or what is not needed, even though it would only give him more of a sale to buy more goodies. Customer service is far above any other company I have ever dealt with. David will take care of you. He took care of me.

To me, anyone who orders something for their rig, should have researched the product thoroughly first before placing an order.....if there is an honest mistake that the shipper made, then no you shouldn't pay for it to be shipped back....but if you order something and decide it will no longer be what you needed, or you want to change the part.....you should incur the cost to ship it back..

David at Northridge will continue to get my business from here forward.

David thankyou for all your assistance and the return calls/e-mails etc....can't wait for the new goodies

cheers

Steve
Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Return Policy
Hey Dave, awesome to change the policy and let people know... one thing though, you might want to clarify what you mean by "the cost of the original shipping," since I'm assuming you would want to recoup the outbound shipping even though it was "free" to the customer as a promotion.

I only bring this up because I had never really thought of it before, but I recently screwed up and ordered the wrong thing from an online store (totally unrelated, not even a Jeep part, imagine that...) and when I went to do the return/exchange I was responsible for the actual shipping costs both ways. It's totally fair, I think, just seems like the kind of thing that might explode into a massive forum flame war if someone misinterprets the policy
Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Return Policy
Wow, that's VERY generous!! Everyone should be thankfull that David has redone his return policy!

I was a sales manager/customer service at a Mail Order company for ATV and motorcycle parts. We (usually me) always battled "restocking fees". You wouldn't believe the items that were returned "unused" that were repainted, covered with grease, oil etc. it was a nightmare job. Of course many of the items were "special ordered" and lots were uncommon inventory items that the vendors that we purchased from would refuse them. We would get restocking fees, lost freight charges etc. It's a horrible way to build inventory levels!

Luckily, we have resourses like ebay, Craigslist and the JK-forum to keep inventory levels good.

I wish my wife would let me spend more on my Jeep, I'd definately buy from Northridge! Any business wants customer retention and satisfied customers (that is if they want to stay in business).
Old 10-05-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Right, plus the box you wanted me to put the item in that is already in a box in plus the cost to ship it back plus the 23 bucks. Give me a break. Not going to get into an argument on a public forum over it. I was dissatisfied with the service and Im entitled to voice it.

I order a lot of Jeep parts, treating a customer poorly only hurts you in the long run especially someone who orders a lot of parts. Anyway its said and done now.

Like I said Im glad most have had a good experience, mine was not.
I wholeheartedly agree that you are entitled to voice your dissatisfaction.

That said, many companies will not:
1) refund any shipping charges you paid to have the item shipped to you.
2) pay for the return shipping on the item
3) refund based on the item being in like new resell-able condition.

On #1, since David offers free shipping for the majority of purchases, asking for you to pay for the original shipping fees (not refunding what it cost David to ship the item(s) ) was no different than if you had paid for the shipping up front and the company was not refunding it.

On #2, you paying to ship back an item you decided you did not want is again right in line with virtually every company when it was not a miss-shipped or damaged item being returned.

On #3, asking that the item(s) be returned in an additional shipping box was helping to keep the items to be as close to resell-able condition as possible. To have UPS/Fed-Ex shipping labels on the outside of the box, address labels, etc does not equate to being easily resold to another user.

So while you may feel that David may have been asking you to foot more of the bill in returning the items than you felt you should have...I am not sure I can agree with that analysis of the situation based on what both of you have posted. The charges you incurred to return the item(s) to David were reasonable to me. But that is my opinion...again, you are entitled to yours...and if you never doing business with David is the result of that...that is certainly within your rights as a customer.

That said, to see David recognize that the restocking fee was perhaps going to deter potential customers from ordering from him (despite the fact that it appears he was already more than willing to work with someone to return an item), and to redo the return policy, removing the restocking fee even somewhat as a part of this thread....just makes your grievance a bigger win for others.

Last edited by Area-51; 10-05-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

I've used both companies with good results. Quadratec is closer to where I live and gives free shipping if you ask, and they price match. I've never returned to either company but I expect similar results from both.

Quick Reply: Northridge v. Quadratec