Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Northridge v. Quadratec

Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the most part, I think it is Northridge vs. The World and I usually choose Northridge.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Northridge FTW
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Wow it didnt take you long to post up something about this did it.

Moral of the story dont order something you dont want. And even in hellbounds case I was willing to work with him on that policy.

David
David, I ordered something from you (<$100) that I had to return and you did give me a break on the restocking fee, I do appreciate that. I'm new to jeeps and I'm not 100% confident I'm ordering the right stuff so when it came time to order my lift kit, wheels, tires, etc the 30% restocking fee was too much risk for me so I have not considered northridge for any purchases since.

I've not purchased from Quadratec so I'm not familiar with their restocking fee, but comparing restocking fees between different merchants would be applicable to a purchase decision.... its a very important factor for someone like me who is frankly a bit overwhlemed at times over the number of manufactures, models, options, etc that are available to choose from.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely Call David or Stan...they will meet the current Exchange rate or give you a smokin Deal! I love dealing with Northridge.CA
Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Hammy
David, I ordered something from you (<$100) that I had to return and you did give me a break on the restocking fee, I do appreciate that. I'm new to jeeps and I'm not 100% confident I'm ordering the right stuff so when it came time to order my lift kit, wheels, tires, etc the 30% restocking fee was too much risk for me so I have not considered northridge for any purchases since.

I've not purchased from Quadratec so I'm not familiar with their restocking fee, but comparing restocking fees between different merchants would be applicable to a purchase decision.... its a very important factor for someone like me who is frankly a bit overwhlemed at times over the number of manufactures, models, options, etc that are available to choose from.
This is exactly what happened to me. I am new to all this and ordered the part. However after talking with some folks on here I decided it would not fufilll my needs. Sadly I can't afford a 30% restocking fee with the way money is right now ESPECIALLY on an item that I never installed.

Its my own fault for not reading the return policy beforehand I guess, but Quadratec has always been very good on returns. There is a reason my order history with them is three pages long, because they give good service and no hassel.

Sadly that was my first and last order with Northridge. I am glad to hear however most people are satisfied with them.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've not purchased from Quadratec so I'm not familiar with their restocking fee, but comparing restocking fees between different merchants would be applicable to a purchase decision.... its a very important factor for someone like me who is frankly a bit overwhlemed at times over the number of manufactures, models, options, etc that are available to choose from

What do I say? Returns are the one thing that Drive me insane. I take them everyday at least 2 a day and we never sell the item as new again. I will also say that 99% of the customers never pay the 30% restocking fee. But your still out shipping both ways and it adds up to alot of money if you order something that you are not sure of and then want to return it.

Also if somebody calls and talks to me about what is going on we always bend the rules.

David
Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is exactly what happened to me. I am new to all this and ordered the part. However after talking with some folks on here I decided it would not fufilll my needs. Sadly I can't afford a 30% restocking fee with the way money is right now ESPECIALLY on an item that I never installed.
Sadly you were not required to pay the %30 restocking fee as you and I worked out something here is the PM I sent you.

OK I understand but just so you know it cost us 23.00 to ship those springs to you so if you really want to return them you can but they will need to be packaged in a box and then shipped to us in the original box. we will give you a refund minus the 23.00
So technically you were out nothing but the original shipping cost.

David
Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi Master

Sadly you were not required to pay the %30 restocking fee as you and I worked out something here is the PM I sent you.

David
Sounds more than fair to me.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi

David
Right, plus the box you wanted me to put the item in that is already in a box in plus the cost to ship it back plus the 23 bucks. Give me a break. Not going to get into an argument on a public forum over it. I was dissatisfied with the service and Im entitled to voice it.

I order a lot of Jeep parts, treating a customer poorly only hurts you in the long run especially someone who orders a lot of parts. Anyway its said and done now.

Like I said Im glad most have had a good experience, mine was not.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Not going to get into an argument on a public forum over it.
Good, glad to hear it. Then keep it in PM's from this point on, ok? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Northridge v. Quadratec