Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Northridge v. Quadratec

Old 10-04-2009, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northridge v. Quadratec

So I was checking out the pricing on the new AEV bumper with tire carrier and did a double take when I saw it for $1599 at Quadratec and $1749 at Northridge. Then I noticed that Quadratec charges $200 for shipping and, for orders over $100, Northridge charges $0. That leaves Northridge $50 ahead, but the new bumper is still too rich for my blood. Plus, if it sells well, you know AEV will redesign the front bumper to match it. That'll only take 2 or 3 years.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Not easy to compare.
Both have excellent prices, depends on what you are looking for.
However, Quadratec has a better choice than Northridge.

In Canada, the winner is now Northridge because he has a new division in Canada. No more custom fees, no more international shipping fees, and no more US/CAN money exchange.

I invite Quadratec to do the samething
Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

However, Quadratec has a better choice than Northridge.
This is a bad and possibly costly assumption to make.
You should always call if you dont see something listed you may want. Just because it might not appear on the website, does not in any way mean they dont have it.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
You should always call if you dont see something listed you may want. Just because it might not appear on the website, does not in any way mean they dont have it.
David has gotten me several parts over the past couple of years that was not shown on the web site...and got them to me at a price that was certainly lower than anywhere else I had found.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I know, I buy at Northridge, (Look my signature...) But, Quadratec has a better choice on line than Northridge.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Area-51
David has gotten me several parts over the past couple of years that was not shown on the web site...and got them to me at a price that was certainly lower than anywhere else I had found.
X2 I bought at Northridge Canada last Friday the Rugged Ridge Side Armor, Stan gave me the best price ever!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People that make shopping decisions based on what they see only on a website are paying a LOT more for things in most cases than they need to, ESPECIALLY in the case of Northridge. Use the phone, seriously.

Nothing meant or intended against Quadratec at all, they have a fine website and tons of products to browse through, but IMO shopping around is your best option, always. They may well have the best price, but my money is tight, and I work hard for it, i make every effort to pay the least possible for anything i purchase, so I shop around, A LOT.

I buy from Northridge, Quadratec, 4wd, TeraFlex, etc. i have rarely been dissappointed with a purchase from any of them, and never had a problem that wasnt rectified to my satisfaction.

I just felt that a statement saying one company has a better selection than another is misleading. Just because you dont see it, doesnt mean they dont have it (quadratec, 4wd etc. included) use the phone, that's why they list it.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also keep in mind if you want to return anything northridge will charge you a 30% restocking fee, even if it's unopened.

As far as quadratec I have had no bad experiences. Their customer service is top notch and they have fast shipping.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also keep in mind if you want to return anything northridge will charge you a 30% restocking fee, even if it's unopened.

As far as quadratec I have had no bad experiences. Their customer service is top notch and they have fast shipping.

Wow it didnt take you long to post up something about this did it.

Moral of the story dont order something you dont want. And even in hellbounds case I was willing to work with him on that policy.

David
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Northridge vs.......who?????

Quick Reply: Northridge v. Quadratec