Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Northridge Rocks, Teraflex Suck, Chrysler Sucks, Tereflex is great

Old 12-29-2007, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Northridge Rocks, Teraflex Suck, Chrysler Sucks, Tereflex is great

Ugh, spent 10+ hours getting my Teraflex 2.5" budget boost in. Northridge is great because despite the holidays, they got me my lift in ~ 5 working days in which UPS was open. That’s freaken awesome.

Teraflex sucks because the washers included where the wrong size, and the shock mounts where warped and I had to bend them back in place. Also, I took 2 hours just to get the rear spacers on. They didn’t want to go in for some reason. I ultimately compressed the springs, put them in, and pressed the axle up into them. That finally caused enough pressure to pop them in.

Chrysler sucks because I broke 2 craftsmen tools getting bolts out. One on the wheels that had about two bazillion tons of torque on them and the other on one of the sway bar link bolts because they where even worse.

and finally, Teraflex is great because after all the cussing and beating your head on a wall, all the fighting and such, the lift kit is on, everything works as it should, the price was right, and I am now 2.5" taller.

Ok... rant over.

Although... I do wonder... did anyone else have as much of a problem with the rear spacers?
Old 12-29-2007, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great Alex!! Im glad you finally got it on! Are ya goin to Rausch Jan 5?

My rear spacers were stiff, but a little white lithium grease and I was able to get them in. And I agree, the upper sway bar link bolts were a pain in the ass.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes the rear spacers were hard to get in! But I did some heavy research here before the install and found some advice from a member who said to simply have the rear spacers positioned and jack the axle back up to force it to pop into place. It worked GREAT! I'm level 2.5" taller and soon to be alot taller thanks to 35's...
Old 12-30-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

You should have checked out WOL's write-up. Would have saved you some time, and cussing I'm sure.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why does that make Chrysler suck? I want good tight bolts - and who cares if it broke your craftman tools - they have a lifetime warranty - take them back and get them replaced. Thats why you buy craftsman in the first place.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Why does that make Chrysler suck? I want good tight bolts - and who cares if it broke your craftman tools - they have a lifetime warranty - take them back and get them replaced. Thats why you buy craftsman in the first place.

The new craftman tools suck anyway. They break so much easier now that they are made switch the makers of the tools. And yea you can replace them but it's a pain.

Hell the dealer broke two bolts on my rubi when they where working it
Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by edubreuil
You should have checked out WOL's write-up. Would have saved you some time, and cussing I'm sure.
i did use his instructions. it saved me a lot of time searching for the right socket and also gave me a few heads up like disconecting the front drive shaft. the instructions were fine, its just that the vehicle didnt want to cooperate.

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC

tight yes, over tight, no. And i will agree that the newer craftsmen tools are not up to par with the old ones. but yeah, once i was done i just took them over to a sears and got replacements. Chrysler sucks because it was annoying to have to use a pipe on every other bolt.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I had a very difficult time getting the rear spacers in as well. on my right rear spacer, even the weight of the vehicle on it wouldn't pop it in. I had to remove it, shave down the edges of the lip a bit and try it again. This finally worked. Frustrating, and added a bunch of time to the otherwise smooth process, but looks great and should be a while before I think about doing anything else with the springs.

Quick Reply: Northridge Rocks, Teraflex Suck, Chrysler Sucks, Tereflex is great