Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Northern MA flooding MADE my commute today!

Old 11-17-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a rainy day and I was on my way home from walmart and there was a puddle across the highway...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Intake.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	102960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Block.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	102961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell Housing.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	102962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Pan.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	102963  
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Default Wow.....Sorry to hear that one.

Originally Posted by Tgoods 09 X
It was a rainy day and I was on my way home from walmart and there was a puddle across the highway...
What did it take to repair it? Which components were destroyed?

B.S.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

New motor and trans, including heads, and all internal components. it was over $10,000 worth of damage. Chrysler basically told me to go f myself because the service manager saw pine needles on my motor "you must have been driving through some deep shit". At the time I was living under several pine trees and needles were EVERYWHERE.

but the insurance company claimed it as a road hazard so $500 and two months later I had my Jeep back. With a higher insurance premium.... The Ins company was cool about everything, they even hired an engineer o take apart my motor to try and get money form chrysler...
Old 11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Default Thanks for WOW!

Originally Posted by Tgoods 09 X
New motor and trans, including heads, and all internal components. it was over $10,000 worth of damage. Chrysler basically told me to go f myself because the service manager saw pine needles on my motor "you must have been driving through some deep shit". At the time I was living under several pine trees and needles were EVERYWHERE.

but the insurance company claimed it as a road hazard so $500 and two months later I had my Jeep back. With a higher insurance premium.... The Ins company was cool about everything, they even hired an engineer o take apart my motor to try and get money form chrysler...
What an ordeal. I'm perplexed as to how that could have happened in only 5" of water in a vehicle that has at least 10" of clearance to the axles, etc.

Do you think, or the engineer think, there was some physical defect that allowed the water in from such a low level?

Oh, and you must have a decent insurance carrier....many would have wanted to fight about a claim like that. Who was the insurer?

Thanks again,

B.S.

Last edited by B.S.; 11-17-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Yeah it was quite the ordeal... kinda pissed me off... went from driving my brand new Jeep for 6 months to my old 2000 chevy cavalier... while still paying for the jeep... but We all thought there was some defect in the air box (other than the stupid design) but the engineer found nothing..

Erie Insurance based out of Indianapolis they were great...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Well....looks like I will be avoiding puddles like the plague now!

Seriously though, that's awful, I'm definitely going to be more mindful from now on, have only had my Jeep a bit over 2 months and don't want to lose her even for a day.

Quick Reply: Northern MA flooding MADE my commute today!