Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Noise Thread (again)

Old 07-08-2012, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noise Thread (again)

ok I'm sure that no one is going to be able to help me here just based on these descriptions but I figure its worth a shot anyways. # main noises are b ugging the hell out of me.

Noise 1) Center Console. Armrest. Any of you have any issues with it? I have a stick shift and down near the shift boot as well as the entire armrest portion just creeks and cranks the whole time im driving, and bump any articulation on the road it drives me crazy.

Noise 2) the driver seat. I have tried tightening down every bolt I can possibly fine but it sounds exactly like the center console it creeks the whole time the jeep is in motion

Noise 3) There is a constant squeak from the undercarriage of my jeep when I drive. I have a 4 inch lift and 3" tires, I have an AEV spare carrier and have had someone sit in the back of the jeep with the rear window open to see if they thought it was just the carrier squeaking, no dice

I know Wranglers are squeak monsters and there are a lot of squeaks/creeks I can deal with (I.E. no matter what I do, my freedom panels squeak and creak. But was wondering if any of you had some fixes for me. Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Noise Thread (again)