Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No Rubicon For Me

Old 02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariner
In the states you can order a basic rubicon.

Um........US Rubicon's come standard with pwr locks/windows, sub, etc..
Old 02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravy Jones
Um........US Rubicon's come standard with pwr locks/windows, sub, etc..
not when you order one. ordering means you order it the way you want it not the way it is most profitable for them to sell.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
They could do it easy ... My local Jeep dealer takes stock jeeps and then swaps out wheels, tires, suspension, bumpers, etc .... and just hand writes the changes/upgrades on the window sticker (with a price of course) ...

All Dealer would have to do is add a line "Dealer Installed Half Doors $0.00 charge" on the what once was a full door JK ...
That is possibly illegal in some states.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by saltman
That is possibly illegal in some states.
Hard to believe that - doesn't make sense. As long as any modification to the vehicle is made known to the buyer before conract is signed how could it be a problem?

When I bought my 2006 Mustang it had stripes as per the Window Sticker. I told the dealer I didn't want stripes so they removed them during prep before I signed the papers and drove it home. You saying what they did was illegal ??? Kinda like pulling the tag off a mattress ???
Old 02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
not when you order one. ordering means you order it the way you want it not the way it is most profitable for them to sell.

I stand semi-corrected. The 2dr Rubicon has pwr windows/locks as an option. But it still comes standard with the sub and cruise. The Unlimited has the pwr locks/windows standard.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On your LSD question, I'd say it depends on whether you plan on installing an aftermarket locker. I have the LSD and like it. I mean, it only costs $275. Yeah, it ain't as good as a locker and blah blah blah. But it's dirt cheap and it may give you a bit of extra traction just when you need it most.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
Half doors in Cape Breton is not a good idea. It sucks in winter
Half doors are cool but they arent for everybody, cant roll the window down, get scratched up too easily and yes JK Freedom they would definitley suck in Cape Breton during the winter time. I lived in Cape Breton for 18 years and the winters were always brutal, especially on your side of kellys mountain Mariner lol. For whatever reason the winters seem to more tolerable here in Halifax
Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the winters being better in Halifax, we've had it pretty good this year. But I agree full doors are definitly more practical.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gravy Jones
I stand semi-corrected. The 2dr Rubicon has pwr windows/locks as an option. But it still comes standard with the sub and cruise. The Unlimited has the pwr locks/windows standard.
none of that matters when you order a Jeep. You order it how you want it. You can order a 4dr ulimited rubicon without power. I have one. I ordered it in 2009.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
Hard to believe that - doesn't make sense. As long as any modification to the vehicle is made known to the buyer before conract is signed how could it be a problem?

When I bought my 2006 Mustang it had stripes as per the Window Sticker. I told the dealer I didn't want stripes so they removed them during prep before I signed the papers and drove it home. You saying what they did was illegal ??? Kinda like pulling the tag off a mattress ???
Let me start by saying I don't know exactly what I am talking about.

I have read that some states are very particular about modifications to vehicles for sale. You have to be a registered manufacturer to alter them in those states when you are selling them. You have to put a plate on the vehicle with your name, etc. In these states, the sticker is representative of the manufacturer's license. Altering it is not kosher. I guess the only applies to dealers, etc... and not people that personally modify their own vehicles. Certainly stripes is not the same as altering the suspension or safety features such as the doors. (which may or may not be the case with a Wrangler.)

Quick Reply: No Rubicon For Me