Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No Rubicon For Me

Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Rubicon For Me

Well i wanted to order a rubicon, but in canada it is only available as a complete package, i dont want electic locks, windows or the sub woofer thing in the back. In the states you can order a basic rubicon. Now looking at a sport with 3:73 LSD and 32 " tires and thats about it.
Any one have any thoughts about the LSD where the jk has BLD and traction control. Oh yeah its going to be natural green pearl.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Order it with half doors and there is no way to give you the power package.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

and just take the sub out if you dont like it... On that note I have the whole power convinience package and i have submerged it and wheeled it to death and have had no probs
Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

good call dmhimes I'll have to have the dealer check it out with half doors, that could solve part of the issue.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

that sucks, my rubi is stripped. just fine for me
Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Besides... Half doors rule. If you want fulls have dealer swap doors with JK sport on the lot or find a local JKer to swap with.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dmhines
Besides... Half doors rule. If you want fulls have dealer swap doors with JK sport on the lot or find a local JKer to swap with.
most dealerships wont and cant change doors like that since it is listed on the window sticker. at least that is how it is here..
Old 02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
most dealerships wont and cant change doors like that since it is listed on the window sticker. at least that is how it is here..
Yep. May not be similar in Canada, but the consumer is protected by federal law that the vehicle you buy has the items listed on the window sticker (and please don't get into delete options; I know it's confusing). Now, after the sale and the two buyers want to work out a deal ...
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Yep. May not be similar in Canada, but the consumer is protected by federal law that the vehicle you buy has the items listed on the window sticker (and please don't get into delete options; I know it's confusing). Now, after the sale and the two buyers want to work out a deal ...

They could do it easy ... My local Jeep dealer takes stock jeeps and then swaps out wheels, tires, suspension, bumpers, etc .... and just hand writes the changes/upgrades on the window sticker (with a price of course) ...

All Dealer would have to do is add a line "Dealer Installed Half Doors $0.00 charge" on the what once was a full door JK ...
Old 02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mariner
good call dmhimes I'll have to have the dealer check it out with half doors, that could solve part of the issue.
Half doors in Cape Breton is not a good idea. It sucks in winter

Quick Reply: No Rubicon For Me