Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No Officer, This is a JEEP.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a very entertaining thread and apparently not going to die anytime soon To the OP, did you fight anymore in court? what happened?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
My point of corruption is that ticketing an suv for violating a truck law is unfair..
There is no truck code, or SUV code, or car code in PA. There is a VEHICLE code with which all vehicles registered in PA must adhere to if they are going to be on the roadways.

And for the officer having nothing better to do, they were sitting in traffic, he had nothing better to do then inform the young gentleman sitting next to him in traffic he was driving a vehicle that could at any point in time be ticketed. And too boot, instead of just sitting in traffic, he just made the magistrate another $87, because the young gentleman couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have never heard of anyone arguing themselves into a ticket. Probably because if you do , you are not apt to brag about it. It's kind of like saying, "My friend said the flame wasn't hot, but I showed him, I held my hand over it for 10 seconds. Burnt the shit out of my hand, but I proved him wrong." Nice work, Genius.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Only saying..

I also wanted this thread to not live on, but hear I am adding to the continuation of it. I have read the posts and I know this is not exactly what the OP's story is about but. Ted Bundy and Timothy McViegh were both arrested from "routine" traffic stops as a result of a minor traffic or equipment violations. There is no such thing as a "routine" traffic stop and the officer is at a disadvantage every time. Thousands of wanted persons (violent and non-violent) are arrested, millions of dollars in drug money is seized, thousands of pounds of drugs, and the list goes on and on every year due to traffic stops. I am an officer and I chose this field and I am not asking for praise or recognition. For those of you who think that the officer has nothing better to do, you're right. He/She has nothing better to do because enforcing traffic laws is part of what that officer is being paid to do. Is that not want you want since you pay their salary? Just saying....

Last edited by 09orangesahara; 11-22-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dumb thread.

An SUV is either truck based (truck chassis/full frame) or car based (car chassis/unibody).

The JK is a truck based SUV, and probably the best examples at that. Full frame, solid axles, RWD, etc. Look underneath an F250 or Chevy 2500 and tell me what you see.

Car based SUVs are what are known as cross overs. They sit higher than a car, but retain car-like drivability.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

it's needless not neat less.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I smell an Occupy JK Forum party starting. I know alot of you guys already pitch a tent or two looking at the JK/wife thread!

Truck, car, van, moped. Who gives a shit. The kid broke the law and then shot himself in the foot with his big mouth. Sometimes you have to pay to be a know it all..... You paid for your title! Put it on your moms fridge with a magnet.

Quick Reply: No Officer, This is a JEEP.