Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No Officer, This is a JEEP.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Just be polite! Right, wrong or indifferent, if you want to argue, do it in court.... The only place it matters. It's pointless trying to argue roadside, what do you think the officer is going to do? Bow down to you and say oh great one, your sooo right, teach me the nomenclature of jeeping. hahaha good luck! Don't forget to pay your ticket.
+1

I'd like to see this kid go up against a DA and Judge without representation. He'd pee his pants yelling... "No, its a Jeep" as the Judge issues an order for the officials to take him to jail for contempt of court.

Let's keep the thread going, maybe someone will learn how the system actually works.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m998dna
The officer was right and was going to cut the kid some slack until he opened his big mouth and argued over semantics... how smart was that? The kid broke the law that resulted in more than was being dished out due to disrespect for law enforcement. He went from a simple warning to a fix-it ticket and then being written for misconduct.

With all this intelligence, glad I'm not a cop and having to deal with the public every day.

Agree.

The majority of people don't give a crap about the whole jeep scene. To them it is a truck, it's as simple as that.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
So your assuming the cop was going to cut him slack? Maybe..
If over the top attitude or obvious back-talking to the officer was done, I don't agree with the situation and you deserve the ticket.. If you politely corrected the officer, and he got all high horse big headed, then I don't agree with the cop, and he really doesn't deserve my respect.

Just curious, is it disrespect to correct your boss if he calls you by the wrong name on your first day?
Well since I've been in management for 35 years I'll answer your question...

If I went through a two month interview process and hired my top candidate and forgot his or her name on the first day, then I would say it's time for me to retire.

However, I would expect my new employee to correct me and I would apologize for my forgetful ways. But if my new employee proceeded to find blame, argued for 5 minutes and escalated the reasons I forgot his name, then I would give him his first disciplinary action notice for insubordination.

That's how it works, get three of those notices and you're out ... your choice, play or stand in the unemployment line.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Seems like a pretty corrupt system if you ask me...
Corrupt? LOL ... this piddley ass ticket is nothing compared to what I went through when I was a kid.

As I was riding my Maico 450 on a railroad right of way, the dirt ... a cop jumped out from behind a fence in front of me yelling as he pointed his .45 cal semi-auto. He told me to dismount my bike... so I did. No argument. He proceeded to write me a ticket for no registration, no motorcycle license and trespassing on private property.

I started to explain I don't need a license and registration to ride on the dirt ... he looked at me, handed me the ticket with the attitude to fight it in court.

Stupid me, I didn't know that trespassing was a misdemeanor so I showed up at court without an attorney.

The DA was a mean ass dude and threatened me with 6 months in jail and $500 fine. I looked at the judge and explained I didn't know this was a criminal act - the Judge was lenient and granted me another court date.

To make a long story short, through a public defender, I pleaded guilty to trespassing and the Judge granted me a reduced sentence.

This is the process we have in our country.. work within it or leave.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Steelgrave
Don't nearly all insurance companies classify jeeps as trucks?
The motor vehicle office here in Nova Scotia listed my unlimited as a station wagon.................

Arguing with the insurance now for station wagon rates :p
Old 11-21-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

My point of corruption is that ticketing an suv for violating a truck law is unfair.. just like the dirt/roadway situation, the cop should have realized that you were riding a off-highway vehicle offroad, and not ticketed you for registration, etc.. Its like charging someone with a felony for owning a shotgun, because the cop thought it was a machine gun (okay, probably excessive analogy, but 'basically' the same thing)... Maybe said Cops should have better judgement, like the Judge that understood your situation, and lessened the ridiculous charge.

Btw the process we have in our Country, theoretically, can and should be changed by the PEOPLE of this Country when it gets out of control.. We have death row inmates who sit for decades, murderers who get released on a technicality or processing error, celebrities who get special treatment, People being convicted to multiple year sentences because of non-violent crimes, out of control lawsuits, judges who get a lifetime career because of political ties and money, media outlets making celebrities out of criminals and skewing fairness in the trial ... sounds to me like the 'process' needs to be revamped or addressed or something..
I've got about 2-3 more years and I'm joining the entitlement ranks... if you want to start a revolution, I support you 100%. I try to stay clear of all that shit you just reminded me is wrong with our country - not to mention, my taxes pay for all the fun their having on my behalf.

In my older years, I stay under the radar, maintain a low profile and enjoy life.. we're not here long, so I give my best every day.

I think we're on the same page, maybe not. I just don't think this kid helped himself by getting agrumentitive with a cop due to his passions about the Jeep brand - then coming here, laughing and posting about it. It just seems immature to me. When I was that age I did a lot more shit than having tires sticking out of the fender on my car - stuff kids would go to jail for these days. I'm not proud it and rarely tell people about those events - and I never brought trouble home for my parents to fix.

So be it ... do whatever it takes to get attention.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

The cop must have been really bored to pull him over for some as ridiculous as that. However, its funny to read about someone else getting the ticket for being a smarta$$ to a cop but I'd never do it. Not that I wouldn't want to correct the officer but just thinking of the hassle of going to court to fight this ticket or even having to pay for it, granted its not much but still. I wouldn't want to pay $87 for no reason.

Although OP you are an idiot for this "neat less" since you like to pay for stupid things you now owe me $87 for this alone. If you argue with me it'll be double.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Redman333
The cop must have been really bored to pull him over for some as ridiculous as that. However, its funny to read about someone else getting the ticket for being a smarta$$ to a cop but I'd never do it. Not that I wouldn't want to correct the officer but just thinking of the hassle of going to court to fight this ticket or even having to pay for it, granted its not much but still. I wouldn't want to pay $87 for no reason.

Although OP you are an idiot for this "neat less" since you like to pay for stupid things you now owe me $87 for this alone. If you argue with me it'll be double.
LOL ... this thread needs a good laugh.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why are so many people supporting this officer?? He was obviously uneducated with what a JEEP is and the OP simply felt the need to teach him
Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Yea it does sound like were on the same page.. i'm a 24 year old college student working for a high end tech firm.. I tend to be a college kid from time to time, but also know when to shut up and keep my head down.. I feel like I focus on the negative shit in our Country too much, and hope I grow to just say whatever and not let it get to me.. I know my JK usually helps!
Well, if it's worth anything to you.. I'm proud to have someone in our country that actually gives a shit and challenges the status quo. I've worked for the same large company for 35 years and always enjoy new perspectives.. especially from those that are earning their degree while working - it builds character.

I've been working non-stop since was 15 and this last few years have been rough... especially for those that are over-extended and have families. This is the first time in my career I've had to consolidate sites and lay-off people. I've found it's during the tough times, we need strong leadership. I have a niece your age that graduated two years ago and she's still having difficulty finding work... and my grilfriend just lost her job after 22 years.

Things aren't the way they used to be... if we could just turn back time, I'd be happy with a simple life. I'd buy me a Taco mini-bike, race up and down the street and piss off my neighbors and the cops. I've been there, done that before. LOL.

Hang in there my friend, things will eventually get better.

Quick Reply: No Officer, This is a JEEP.