Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No more soft tops in CA ?

Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets just ban cars altogether...who needs them?? we can all just ride bicycles and be one big happy nation with our NPP winning black president

P.S. I am totally kidding
Old 10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The regulations put out by the California Air Resources Board will force automakers to install advanced glazing on glass designed to keep air conditioning systems from working too hard in warm weather. So strict are the regulations that they would turn glass moonroofs effectively black and would not allow for the flexible plastic windows used in the Wrangler." - Leftlane

How much actual energy would you really save by tinting all of your glass dark with a special glaze? There have to be better ways to conserve energy than this.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

My question is why. I didnt realize my clear windows were so harmful to the environment. You know... There are way cooler vehicles overseas. That cost thousands less because they dont have some of the stupidest standards as we do.....

I figure more energy could be saved ( to include economy ) if time and resources were NOT spent on programs just like "CARB".
Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BBirish
WHAT!! that is just rediculous i dont think it will happen
yeah me either, just more smoke being blown up our ass. I'll believe it when I see it
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

More info on this ...

News Article

I'd be very surprised, because they don't comprise a huge percentage of the vehicle inventory, if convertibles aren't exempted (unless technology can be found that works on them). If this does come to pass in California, I would be surprised if we return to the days of "CA-model" cars. IOW: Expect your non-CA model car to have the same window technology.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Junkie

That's soooo funny! Hey Arnold keep up the great work!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

And People wounder why our state is so far in the RED. it is programs like CARB that think up this stuff. I love CA. But I hate its politics. I am about to give it the big F you to CARB and go only to classic cars. no more smog. no more stupid regualtions. I can run any engine I want. This crap isn't arnolds show he is just a figurehead with no power at all. he tried to get things to change and got shot down by the majority in the house. This state wont change until it slides into the ocean. But the weather. oh the weather. 1 Hr drive to the snow. 1 her drive to the beach. I couldn't have it any better.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Will cell phones work....nope....it won't pass.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by whpony96
That's soooo funny! Hey Arnold keep up the great work!
LOL

are we enjoying BIG government deciding whats best for us ?!?!?!?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
This is crazy talk! Didn't the "black paint" issue turn out to be a hoax?? Maybe this is too?
No, it's not a hoax, it's California.

Quick Reply: No more soft tops in CA ?