Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No mirrors???????

Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BJeepJK
This helps a little but it is NOT legal, mirrors must be on the OUTSIDE of the Jeep. I use the Harley mirror on the drivers side and the little stick-on mirror on the vent on the passenger side, just because I keep looking over there and needed something to look at and backing into a parking spot without both side mirrors is not a good feeling.
Maybe its NOT legal in PA....but in GA, you can run with no mirrors and be OK. You just have to have the one rear view on the windshield. My point: it depends on your state - check with your local law.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Find a Harley dealer near you and pick up a mirror for < $20. They fit perfectly in the door hinge. I keep mine in the rear storage area when not in use.

Great solution, Look a little like a CJ know.

I guess you could get them in other colors to match your tastes.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by paratus13
Maybe its NOT legal in PA....but in GA, you can run with no mirrors and be OK. You just have to have the one rear view on the windshield. My point: it depends on your state - check with your local law.
Dude are you sure? Here next door in SC you must have at least one on the drivers side of the vehicle. The rearview mirror requirement (while still required) is not that valid because of panel trucks and things in the back obscuring the view thus the outside mirror requirement.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

If you know any Harley guys they probably have the stock mirrors that they took off and will give them to you for free. here are mine, off of a 2003 V-Rod and painted black.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: No mirrors???????