Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No mirrors???????

Old 07-21-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No mirrors???????

Hey guys and Gals how many don't have any mirror mods for when you take the doors off?

I am still working on my jeep payments so have not had the money yet for mirror brackets, does anyone else drive this way?

It scares the hell out of me, I never would have thought how big the blind spot can be on a topless doorless jeep.

1. so first of all does any one drive like that?

2. second I have heard of some people using a motorcycle mirror the found cheap just to get by until they buy the brackets, does anyone know of a really cheap way to get a mirror for at least the drivers side?

Red
Old 07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there-- I don't know of a state where it's legal to drive with no mirrors. It certainly isn't safe.

There are lots of cheap options around. Try here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/nice-little-mirror-autozone-under-%2416-00-simple-install-9830/

or here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/relocating-mirror-suggestions-5643/

or here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/no-doors-mirror-option-33364/

or any of these options in the write-up index:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/529682-post/

Last edited by doojer; 07-21-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no doors and no side mirrors. But 95% of the doors off season the traffic I'm dealing with are tractors and combines and nothing but country roads. If I had to deal with much traffic everyday there's no doubt that I'd be slapping side mirrors on. I have hit the freeway a couple times mirrorless but when I change lanes hit the turn signal plenty early and give a good look over the shoulder before I move.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

This is what I did...cost ~ $3 - I attached with velcro

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/%241-98-fix-39988/
Old 07-22-2008, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a cheap and EASY solution (you get what you pay for, but it keeps ya legal for now, and it's safer than none at all), pick up a pair of 2.5 inch round stick-on mirrors - you know, the kind that are meant to attach in the corners of the side mirrors on a truck to eliminate the blind spot...close the a/c vents next to the doors and stick the mirrors on there. They're small, but they work, and they meet the requirement in most states for a side view mirror. When you put the doors back on, just open up the vents and you won't even know the mirrors are there.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Junkie

Find a Harley dealer near you and pick up a mirror for < $20. They fit perfectly in the door hinge. I keep mine in the rear storage area when not in use.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Nice and easy quick fix with no drilling i like that.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by undertow119
For a cheap and EASY solution (you get what you pay for, but it keeps ya legal for now, and it's safer than none at all), pick up a pair of 2.5 inch round stick-on mirrors - you know, the kind that are meant to attach in the corners of the side mirrors on a truck to eliminate the blind spot...close the a/c vents next to the doors and stick the mirrors on there. They're small, but they work, and they meet the requirement in most states for a side view mirror. When you put the doors back on, just open up the vents and you won't even know the mirrors are there.

This helps a little but it is NOT legal, mirrors must be on the OUTSIDE of the Jeep. I use the Harley mirror on the drivers side and the little stick-on mirror on the vent on the passenger side, just because I keep looking over there and needed something to look at and backing into a parking spot without both side mirrors is not a good feeling.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great idea HG9. I'll go down to San Jose Harley and pick some up. I've been waiting for a cheap/effective/good looking alternative to the Jeep mirrors.

Quick Reply: No mirrors???????