Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No Jeep Waves in my JK

Old 12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have trained a few of the Soccer Mom JK owners to wave. They see me coming and are waiting for me to wave, then smile and wave back.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't get many waves here in town or on the main highways out of town. However, when I get off the main roads and into the back country and on mountain roads I get waves from almost everybody, Jeeps, trucks, SUVs, etc. I don't think it is a Jeep wave but rather from folks just like us who love the same things regardless of what we are driving.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

I get about 60% returned waves. I especially like the look on a few people's faces that seem to say " Hey, I can't believe I got a wave from that guy in a 4 door soccer- mom Jeep"! I try to wave first in hopes of catching that look.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

A lift helps a ton.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SMP_70
I've found that the waves are in proportion to the mods on your Jeep.

Stock Jeep=not many waves.
My experience seems to be the opposite. Maybe they're all intimidated?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

I get anywhere from 40-60% of the waves returned. It all depends on the day and who I'm waving to. I hardly get any JK waves. Most of the JK owners here are soccer moms with 4drs or "pop-your-collar", hot-shot, bro college kids with 2drs and all the power locks,etc. They are easy to find because they put rims on their Jeep... I give them the finger. I'm still waiting to try to get on of those kids with a Rubi so I can take his front Dana 44 and trick into thinking my Dana 30 is better.

But I digress. I think it's largely the soccer moms and the South that's killed the wave. My friend did a test. Using his TJ... it's only mod is 15x8 blacked out wheel and 32" BFG A/T he went up North to Chicago... reported he only had one guy not wave because he was in a corner. He came back home with his Jeep and he's been reporting waves ever since. He still hasn't equaled the number he got from that week in Chicago... it's been 5 months.

Heck he even got a wave from a 4-door JK up there full of hot college chicks. I'm moving up there.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Embalmer
hey now I dont got power windows I agree usually 2 doors and older jeeps that wave, maybe a modded unlimited, but alot of the
4doors are driven by old people
and soccer moms who look at me wierd when I wave... Did get a wave out of someone driving a 40's willy jeep lol
Hey I resemble that remark, and wave all the time at other Jeeps.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

i always wave, i find that in NY people dont even look at you though, so i beep before i wave sometimes to get their attention. I also usually get more waves when the doors and roof are off
Old 12-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i said something about people not waving, a voice from the back seat said

"who's gonna wave at a 40 something jeep geek?"

damn kids.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think a lot of the JK's are popular yuppie mobiles, I've spoken with some of my TJ and YJ friends they say a lot of older jeepers don't consider us real jeepers yet. I've built mine up and still get dissed. I just decided screw it, if you wave I'll wave. Even on the trails other jeepers dis, I just say f&^% it, if you get stuck I'll bet you wave.......

Quick Reply: No Jeep Waves in my JK