Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No Gears on a trail????? Beware stock JK's

Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to just push the clutch in on my TJ when I wanted to pop it into 4lo. (slowly rolling) Is this sufficient for the JK or do you have to pop it out of gear as well?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
I was told by the dealer repair department

a. I could shift into 4high while in drive but stopping would be easier on the transmission, he even said he shuts off the engine and shifts to 4 low.
Switch your dealer, i looks like the same morons work there, as the ones that work on my stealership. I actually had a service manager tell me that jeeps are not made to go through deep water, you can only go through 3-4 inches max. Yep, thats what he said, and then he added, that if i wanted to go in mud and water, i should have bought a Hummer. I haven't been at that service station since then.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding was that this piece was designed to pop loose to prevent more expensive parts from being damaged
but I have to agree that a few seemed to have poped loose without much provocation
Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
I was told by the dealer repair department

a. I could shift into 4high while in drive but stopping would be easier on the transmission, he even said he shuts off the engine and shifts to 4 low.
This dealer is an idiot. I would not take my Jeep there after a comment like that!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Seryoga
Switch your dealer, i looks like the same morons work there, as the ones that work on my stealership. I actually had a service manager tell me that jeeps are not made to go through deep water, you can only go through 3-4 inches max. Yep, thats what he said, and then he added, that if i wanted to go in mud and water, i should have bought a Hummer. I haven't been at that service station since then.
I think I would have popped him in the mouth and made him bite his own tongue on that one.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe it popped out because improper shifting- no matter, I think if you have stock t-case you should always use 4-lo offroad, and 4-high on-road/snow. Joe

Quick Reply: No Gears on a trail????? Beware stock JK's