Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

no doors and children

Old 01-12-2015, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God I remember as a kid riding down the freeway sittin on the wheelwell in the back of a pickup. How times have changed..

(Darn litigious society)
Old 01-12-2015, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
God I remember as a kid riding down the freeway sittin on the wheelwell in the back of a pickup. How times have changed.. (Darn litigious society)
Really?

If so, your parents were stupid.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcdawg
Really? If so, your parents were stupid.
How so?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nbjeep
How so?
Do you have kids?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
God I remember as a kid riding down the freeway sittin on the wheelwell in the back of a pickup. How times have changed..

(Darn litigious society)

All thought it was illegal by my time, I am old enough to remember riding in the back of pick ups once or twice too. But I also know there was a lot less cars on the road back in those days (your days probably even less than my days).. And speed limits were a lot less. People worried a bit less. Nowadays there is just to many pharmaceutically induced soccer moms, rushing to the nail salon to catch the latest drama, while their texting while driving teens are tweeting selfies from behind the wheel and day dreaming with their girlfriends in the car about some ass shake song on the radio..

It's a faster world than once was. The human brain by design can only process one job at a time. When it comes too my daughters safety I have no problem landing on the side of safety.. If that safety happens to be a thin jeep door of added protection from the outside elements. So be it,

I am still bothered by the woman I witnessed on the highway a few weeks back as it's etched into my mind.. Passed me in a BMW station wagon. (Dark blue in color) slow enough for me to catch the light from her cell phone in her hand, as I pull along side to confirm my suspicion, what do I see in the back seat? Couldn't be more than a month or two old infant girl fast asleep...

So yes there are different levels of safety. Some realize it, and some do not.. In the end, does it really matter? Iv never known anyone to make it out of this place alive.

Last edited by swanny2369; 01-12-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

it was perfectly legal and widely accepted not too long ago. You must be one of the young ones.....
Old 01-12-2015, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remember when I was about 6-7 my dad had a 70 CJ5 we road in it naked almost exclusively. It didn't really get drove in the winter much. My sister and I road on the wheel wells in the back. My dad put lap belts on them to keep us from bouncing out. We loved it. Those memories are one of the biggest reason I have a Jeep now. I rode in the backs of trucks a lot. No big deal.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Everything's relative. Back then u did not have to wear your seatbelt (and it was common not to). People smoked in planes and restaurants. Gas was well under $1.00/gallon. There were no ABS brakes or airbags. There were no cell phones or pagers. How things have changed.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have kids?
Yes I do. Grandkids too. What exactly does that have to do with it?
Old 01-13-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I took my drivers exam we didn't own a car that even had seat belts. Very few did at that time. Did that make my parents stupid? Your statement only shows your ignorance and lack of respect for those that have been around longer than you have. Times have changed.
I could say that burying your Jeep up to the door handles is stupid. There's no law against it. It would however show my ignorance at the fun that those that do so get from that experience.

Quick Reply: no doors and children