Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No Crank - Starter Kill On JKU - Fix for all who lost ability to start the car - Easy

Old 10-11-2020, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Crank - Starter Kill On JKU - Fix for all who lost ability to start the car - Easy

Hello everyone,

This is my first post about the JKU.

I had an issue with my JKU 2017 after taking a bath as you can see here

The water , for an obscure reason did not damage the Engine , so after taking care of the regular flush and change of oil filter and spark plug. I could not start the Jeep.

So I took everything a part , including the seat , and console. I was able to pint point the obscure reason why our Wrangler wont start / crank / move and have a blinking red light near the temperature gauge.

It turned out to be the anti-thieft component that was bad , I removed it with the remote-starter and probleme was solved without changing starter , cluster , pcm or other crap the Dealer make you change because they dont know what they do.

I'm not the best mechanic out there but I'm sure gifted with electronics.

On a side note , the JKU electronics of any vital system is waterproof I stripped everything to inspect the machine. I'm an electromecanic by trade.

Hope this post can help people having a similar no Crank issue.
The following users liked this post:
mr222jp (10-11-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Awesome info for those that foolishly wander into unknown waters. Just saw a great 2 part video from 2 Californian guys with Toyota and Nissan trucks doing the Alex Mackenzie trail in Northern BC. When they came to water with unknown depth one would put on hip waders and walk through to feel obstacles and depth. Good idea for those doing adventure touring. The AM Trail is challenging though in places and is actually in danger of being partially closed by greenies of course.

Quick Reply: No Crank - Starter Kill On JKU - Fix for all who lost ability to start the car - Easy