Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Nitto Dune Grappler

Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have the Terra grapplers...so far so good. I can only think that the dunes are good in sand and dirt, but probably not very good in mud, rain and ice. They probably have low noise given the surface area and must be made out of some stern stuff if the last as long as one of the posters says. So, I guess if you are doing some desert or beach running then these are your tires...but if you want mud terrain tires and a "unique" look, might I suggest their mud grapplers. AND BUY FROM DISCOUNT TIRES DIRECT...they are a sponsor and are hands down a great company. Good luck
Old 12-20-2008, 12:11 AM
JK Newbie

ive got about 15k miles on mine now with no problems. . . . as long as i stay out of the mud!!
they are as advertised, good on sand/rocks, with very good on road manners, but if you do alot of muddin, buy something else, just my opinon.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Got to say the name gives it away !
These are for use in dry conditions and primarily sand.....which they are great for. Low road noise and good for a daily driver. Makes sense to me anyway as I live in Dubai so it rains.....ooooohhhh about twice a year lol
Would not use these in muddy conditions not that I am likely to see any !!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Bump......

From what I read from everyone they are a good street tire which I am looking for. Last post was in 2011 so again has anyone ran these in the snow or rain? Here in Wisconsin we get both and my HK is a DD w pretty much all highway.

Quick Reply: Nitto Dune Grappler