Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Nitto Dune Grappler

Old 01-16-2007, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKMAN
I test drove an ulimited with the dune grapplers that the dealer put on, they rode very nice, did not get to go off road with them to test out performance though. I would say very good street tire for highway drivng but an AT would be better off road i would say. Decent looling tire if you drive street and want something different, if you hit the rocks and or mud, i would say no way.
Thanks. I wish i could see them in person. I know they kind of look like show tires. but I just wanted something different. I'll probobly have to keep looking. We get to much snow and ice to not have good tires.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
Sorry, I tend to forget everyone else doesn't spend their workday online!

-E
Not a problem, I know they look kinda cheesey but I think they would pretty cool. and they said it's a quiet tire. I got tired of that dronning humm on long road trips. I was wanting something a little more mellow.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Chris, I put the Terra Grapplers on my JK and have been extremely pleased with them. We've had ice and snow here in Buffalo Gap, TX this week and it's nearly no fun how well the tires and jeeper are handling it.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Dune Grapplers looked good in person. Definatley something different, I liked em, not sure how they would be in ice/snow though...
Old 01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKJeepDad
Hey Chris, I put the Terra Grapplers on my JK and have been extremely pleased with them. We've had ice and snow here in Buffalo Gap, TX this week and it's nearly no fun how well the tires and jeeper are handling it.
Yea, the Terra grapplers have a relatively low-void tread and tons of siping, they look like really good winter tires.

-E
Old 09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
Like you said, no siping so they are probably akin to slicks on ice or snow, and the lugs aren't spaced out or aggressive enough to really work in the mud. They look like a pretty good street tire, and they might work good in the sand and gravel like the manufacturer states, but they sure don't look like they'd do much in mud/snow/ice.

-E
Hints the name Dune Grappler..............

There is a guy up here at work running some 35's on a Z71.......The tires looked pretty new to me when I asked them how he liked them..........He said he liked them better than the BFG AT's he was running. He also said that he'd put about 17K on them and they still looked new so evidentally they wear pretty well. He said they weren't bad off road but of course don't compare to the grapplers..........which is common sense really.

Just my 2.87's worth
Old 03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default 315/70/17 dune grapplers

not a great Picture of the tires but I like them,They look great,quiet on the street and ok for light offroad.I plan to groove the center lugs if I get any hydroplaning out of them.I use the stock bfg muds for jeep'n
2.5 RC lift
1.5 spacers
Stock 17x7.5 wheels
315/70/17 Nitto Dune Grapplers
Grill Mod
Mirror Mod
Old 03-17-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

My friend has these, they are good sand and some rocks. They are not too loud, but wear quickly on the street. I do not like the look, but they make a good street tire, quiet. Snow and rain though not good, it doe not rain were I live so several people I know have them.

Last edited by SGT.; 03-17-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKJeepDad
I have the Terras too. They are the absolute best tire for rain and snow and ice.....and they do a darn good job on the rocks, just ok in mud though.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost 10k miles on mine. I like them. Low road noise...handling is good. Have taken them offroad many times in dry conditions (desert)...rocks and sand are no problem. Seemed ok in the rain (only rained 3 days in Vegas since I got them).

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Nitto Dune Grappler