Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Nitrogen ...longer tire life?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith615
So would it be possible to get power tanks full of Nitrogen instead of CO2? Will it compress as readily? (Not that I really have any intention of doing this, just curious )
The answer is yes. CO2 is more comonly used due to its cheap productive costs. It is also compressed at a lower level of around 850psi in its canisters or bottles, Nitrogen can be compressed to around 3500psi in the same size tank. However you can not use a CO2 tank and fill it with Nitrogen, not only is it dangerous if it does rupture it could seriously injure or kill some one near it. They have special popoff valevs built in the at a certain pressure which makes a lil more safer. For me I carry a 20oz CO2 tank that I use to go paint balling with a regulator that can be picked up at Lowes or Homedepot for around 80 bucks and that is sufficient in an emergency. They sell the 10 and 20 Lbs tanks which yeah its cool but for me a lil over kill and expensive. just do your research on this wonderful thing called the internet and use some creativity. If you have the money burning in your pocket go with Nitrogen if not and you wheel alot use Air some places like URE (Uwharrie) supplies it free at the OutPost. Allways use some common sense and those of you who don't want to admit that at times you don't use make sure you are around someone that does..... (I know from first hand expierence)
Wheel safe tread Lightly and drive it like you stole it
Old 07-24-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, if we filled our tires with nitrous oxide and... Man I've got to move on to another thread.

Last edited by seer1; 07-24-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seer1
So, I we filled our tires with nitrous oxide and... Man I've got to move on to another thread.
Um where do you get nitrous from???

Quick Reply: Nitrogen ...longer tire life?