Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

newsweek: Chrysler, R.I.P.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeep will survive, under whos stewardship is yet to be determined but the jeep brand is the only valuable asset Cerberus has.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drcre8tive
This is the kind of attitude we need. If Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep slashed prices, kills of redundant product lines and puts a bit more effort into pinching pennies, I think they can weather the storm. Some models will no-doubt need to go bye-bye, and a more gas-friendly focus wouldn't hurt. Bring out the Diesels and the EV concept!
I agree. This is the time companies need to really watch what they do. Unfortunately, public companies are neutered by their need to satisfy the unquenching thirst of the shareholder. Executives try to make unrealistic profits when they should be satisfied with minimizing loss, because they're worried about losing their jobs.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All else aside, it sounds like the perfect time for Mopar to start slashing prices on all Jeep accesories!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maybe mopar is being carved 3 ways in prep for the breakup

As a step toward that hard-landing scenario, the automaker is moving to split up its replacement parts business based on brand so that its Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge operations could be completely separate, one source briefed on that plan said.

Quick Reply: newsweek: Chrysler, R.I.P.