Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

News article

Old 04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News article

Came across this story on yahoo news today. Top ten worst cars made (Forbes) and yes the jk is in it, i don't agree with it esp since Toyota's are driving into walls by themselves

Jeep Wrangler

Segment: SUV
CR Predicted Reliability Score: Poor
CR Value Score: Rated among the worst in overall value (Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara)
CR Safety Score: Not rated among the worst in overall safety performance
CR Overall Score: 17 out of 100
J.D. Power Dependability Score: 2 out of 5 Power Circles
MSRP: $21,915
Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

this is a total fail, not even a research, just took JD Power article and voila. Good journalism look to be hard to find. I was under the impression Forbes was a serious magazine. sad
Old 04-11-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes while reading it i noticed they just about copy pasted the previous article. Still why is there not a single toyota in this didn't they just slapped wit a 16 million dollar lawsuit for building junk for years?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

I read that article and they refer to the unlimited as one of the worst in the top ten. With a 17 out of a 100, really low score. Whats up with that?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replied to Forbes... You need to understand that they used Consumer Reports as their primary source. CR will never understand the Wrangler. They only understand dull.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

I wouldn't call anything built by toyota junk...it will outlast any jeep product on the road.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jvalason
I wouldn't call anything built by toyota junk...it will outlast any jeep product on the road.
My '63 CJ-5 is still on the road (with the same owner that bought it from me). Go find me a 1963 Toyota that's still on the road. I believe that the average Wrangler stays on the road for 18 years.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Ive owned 3 toyota/lexus vehicles and have only had to replace batteries/brakes ect...Ive also owned 3 chrysler products and had to replace more in the first year of ownership on each lol. I love my jeep and wouldnt trade it for anything but I dont consider the build quality of toyota as "a piece of junk"
Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive owned 3 toyota/lexus vehicles and have only had to replace batteries/brakes ect...Ive also owned 3 chrysler products and had to replace more in the first year of ownership on each lol. I love my jeep and wouldnt trade it for anything but I dont consider the build quality of toyota as "a piece of junk"
Maybe you want to correct yourself then, you said "it" meaning toyoda will outlast any jeep. Above you're saying Chrysler product, big difference. I agree with the first part of what you said, toyoda' aren't "junk", now a days they're mostly Junk, but all frigging fuggly, beyond words fuggly. I could go on forever just how fugly they are. But the second part of your misinformed comment, about how a toyoda will outlast any jeep? Are you kidding me?
My '99 XJ is 11 years old, ( yea, 10 Canadian winters) 180 thousand KM's on it and I expect it to go for another 250 thousand km's and a fifteen more years before I say goodbye to it, and NO PROLEMS. I can't say the same for the POS '99 toyoda's I see rusting around me that the stupid "Experts" were telling me to buy.

You're wrong man, IMHO.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

As long as quadratech is in buisness i can build my own jeep to last forever!

Quick Reply: News article