Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Newbie post #2

Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie post #2

This weekend is the weekend I am going to pick out a Jeep Rubicon . I have found several that I really like, I just have one question. I really like the vehicle color black, but im also worried about it showing bad scratches if I go off road. Will black show bad scratches? Should I try for a white one? Sorry for the boring newbie post, any help is appreciated.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by areeves65
This weekend is the weekend I am going to pick out a Jeep Rubicon . I have found several that I really like, I just have one question. I really like the vehicle color black, but im also worried about it showing bad scratches if I go off road. Will black show bad scratches? Should I try for a white one? Sorry for the boring newbie post, any help is appreciated.
All of the colors show "bad" scratches...we have a black JKU and it's easier for me to buff the scratches out of it with black wax than it is on the red JK...I would guess that silver would be the best bet to hide scratches...just my opinion.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Southern Girl

All of the colors show "bad" scratches...we have a black JKU and it's easier for me to buff the scratches out of it with black wax than it is on the red JK...I would guess that silver would be the best bet to hide scratches...just my opinion.
What is this black wax you speak of? My black JKU's paint is starting to look a little shabby. Where would one find it? Is it the kind you have to apply with a buffer?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Black JKU almost looks white now with all the scratches on it.

Originally Posted by Jeep4me2
What is this black wax you speak of? My black JKU's paint is starting to look a little shabby. Where would one find it? Is it the kind you have to apply with a buffer?
Ditto.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

It's called the black box... Pick it up from auto zone
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mothers makes it, you can get it at pretty much any auto parts store. I dont use a buffer, I do everything by hand... The clay bar also helps.

Edit: I meant to say Meguiars, I use the mothers back to black on the plastic. My apologies for the confusion.

Last edited by Southern Girl; 11-21-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Mothers makes it, you can get it at pretty much any auto parts store. I dont use a buffer, I do everything by hand... The clay bar also helps.
h tt p://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Turtle-Wax-Black-Box-includes-12-oz-each-Pre-Wax-cleaner-black-carnauba-wax-and-spray-detailer/_/N-258t?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=Black+box&fromStrin g=search&itemIdentifier=209229_0_0_

Last edited by Moochie; 11-21-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Please, no clickable links to non sponsors.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gtucker0825
h tt p://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Turtle-Wax-Black-Box-includes-12-oz-each-Pre-Wax-cleaner-black-carnauba-wax-and-spray-detailer/_/N-258t?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=Black+box&fromStrin g=search&itemIdentifier=209229_0_0_
That looks like a lot of work!

Last edited by Moochie; 11-21-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Broke link in quote.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. Black box by Mothers; I'll give it a try. I've never used the clay bar on any of my jeeps, but I'll use that first, too!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Never regrete having a Blk JKU Rubicon after a fresh wash. Looks the best when clean and shiny.

Quick Reply: Newbie post #2