Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Newbie Here.... Just got one

Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what you want to do with your rig, but if you plan on wheelin' it at all, I would say first thing should be tires. Had I known how many flats I would get with the stock tires driving on my gravel road, I would have got better tires the day I bought it.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Default grab handles

best handles for my wife during wheelin are my '' LOVE HANDLES''..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssg381
best handles for my wife during wheelin are my '' LOVE HANDLES''..
I'll have to use that one... hahah
Old 06-08-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Basic13
LOL. What locking hood latch are you referring to? It would seem that most everyone has not been impressed by either the $20 piece of crap that is available and the $100+ one made by Mopar.

I good first mod in my opinion would be to drill the mirrors. There is a really long post on it, all you need to do is type in "drilling mirrors" in the search.

The benefits of this are two-fold. Helps rid you jeep of unwanted wanted and it is FREE!
Well i've had mine on for about two years now and haven't had any problems out of it.

Must be operator error!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the Mopar Hook Lock for about a year now and haven't had any issues with it.

I'll be drilling my mirrors on Friday when I move them from my full doors over to the new half doors.

I drive mostly on highway but some beach and light trails. I have the Firestone Destination AT tires and they have been outstanding in rain, snow and mud. They don't look at cool as the mud tires but they do the job for me.

Quick Reply: Newbie Here.... Just got one