Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New tires!!!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah!! So hubbo just set me straight I am getting mud terrains!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of MT's? siping makes the difference in the rain on the roads. i had the mickey thompson baja belted, and i loved them, but they puckered my little bum right up on the road in the rain.

of course, this was before ESP was put in jeeps.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
That worked here. :-)

I bought the better half a Pink Jeep hat (I swear it was for her!)
and a Jeep sweatshirt.

She warmed up a bit, then i let her drive it offroad.

...havent seen my Jeep since.
My wife's already asking when she can drive the JK... I told her she can, but only after it's nice and "broken in." How long do you think it takes to "break in" a Jeep REALLLLY well? I'm thinking 30,000 miles or so...
Old 03-28-2007, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

MJS Jeep...I have a simple solution...buy a Jeep just for her.... Silly boys Jeeps are not only for guys!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
That worked here. :-)

I bought the better half a Pink Jeep hat (I swear it was for her!)
and a Jeep sweatshirt.

She warmed up a bit, then i let her drive it offroad.

...havent seen my Jeep since.
TOO LATE!!!! I was going to warn everyone that this is just a ploy to get us to turn over our beloved jeeps to wives/girlfriends! Just stick with "it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" and leave it at that!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

Ha! I didn't fall for that.....Its a Jeep thing and I fully understand... thats why I am getting rock rails first....you know Ladies first....
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
My wife's already asking when she can drive the JK... I told her she can, but only after it's nice and "broken in." How long do you think it takes to "break in" a Jeep REALLLLY well? I'm thinking 30,000 miles or so...

30k, or whenever you get your next Jeep.

wouldn't want to pass one down until it has been thoroughly evaluated for safety and drivability ya know..
Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cablerep79
TOO LATE!!!! I was going to warn everyone that this is just a ploy to get us to turn over our beloved jeeps to wives/girlfriends! Just stick with "it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" and leave it at that!!!!

:whoaisme: yup, too late for sure. My fault.

However, as part of my Evil master plan, it works out in the long run. we need another vehicle in the somewhat near future 1-2yrs at best... SOOOoooooo... if i get her hooked on this, i might be able to get what i want on the NEXT jeep. i made several conscessions on this one to appease her, and she knows i am not totally happy with it because of that...so... if i keep working this angle (and suckup ALOT *L*) i just may end up with a 6spd Rubi...

at least it sounds good to me in my head, and the other voices agree with me too.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGirl
Hey Armycop... I just thought of something...maybe you should get your girlfriend a pair of Jeep earrings...I got a pair of Dana 44 earrings....or a Jeep necklace...? Hubbo also got me a Jeep choker on a black leather cord...both are awesome. Just a thought.
I tried to get her into the Jeep thing . She still hates climbing into mine with a 1 3/4 inch lift (She's only 5'3). It will only get worse, the tires will raise it another 3/4 of an inch or so. I guess her being a licensed masseuse makes up for a lack of interest in the JK.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
I tried to get her into the Jeep thing . She still hates climbing into mine with a 1 3/4 inch lift (She's only 5'3). It will only get worse, the tires will raise it another 3/4 of an inch or so. I guess her being a licensed masseuse makes up for a lack of interest in the JK.

Those unlicensed ones are not too bad either......err....umm....from what I've been told.

Quick Reply: New tires!!!!!