Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Rubi

Old 12-05-2006, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rubi

I hope the photo works. Drove from Portland, to Seattle today at 65-70 mph with cruise on, and got 20.1 mpg (hand calculated). There is not one squeek or rattle, no leaks, no paint defects, and nothing wrong. I am very impressed with the quality. The Sirius radio is a pleasure. I even got my first wave from a TJ with 33's!

My first mod is the Cibie Euro code headlamps. I will post the project when it is done (perhaps this weekend).

I guess you could say I am happy since the Mercedes E55 sits outside and the Jeep is in the garage!

Yes, it is worth the wait!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	199  
Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey jpaddict, congradulations on your awesome new Rubi!! Please do post pics and info on your new headlamps once you get them in. I know I would love to see them
Old 12-07-2006, 02:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, but I would like to see an up close, quality pic to confirm the paint behind the hinges.

I am not being mean, but if it is true you have no missing paint, then all of us that do need an explanation and a recall/fix of some sort! Up until now it has been played off as a jeep thing, or the norm of new cars. And I went along with it, because ever one i seen in person has the missing paint by the hinges. But if the newest jk's have no missing paint, then it is a problem that was fixed.

Last edited by jamesr; 12-07-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oooooo, Ahhhhh, dats nice, dats REAL nice.

Congratulations!!!!

Quick Reply: New Rubi