Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New member buy a 2012 this weekend, few questions!!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

enjoy the new jeep, with those options it will be a nice ride, Also yes we like pictures on here. and don't forget to wave.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Picking it up on Tuesday!! In the meantime, I am looking at ordering a bumper, lift and wheels.

The bumper I'm looking at is the Poison Spyder Brawler lite and I am planning on having it powdercoated matte black.

As far as the lift, can anyone suggest a good budget lift (max 2.5 inches) so that I can run 33's? I am unsure if a levelling kit will suffice or if I should spend a bit more and get a full lift. Max budget would be approximately $700 and I plan to install it myself. This will be used mainly on road as a daily driver.

As far as wheels, I am thinking of 17" wheels and looking for something with a 4.5" backspace. I was also considering American Outlaw wheels but the ones I like have 4.75" backspace and I'm not sure if they will rub?

Anyways, I will continue researching but if anyone has any input, I would appreciate it!

Thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cdn ws6
Picking it up on Tuesday!! In the meantime, I am looking at ordering a bumper, lift and wheels.

The bumper I'm looking at is the Poison Spyder Brawler lite and I am planning on having it powdercoated matte black.

As far as the lift, can anyone suggest a good budget lift (max 2.5 inches) so that I can run 33's? I am unsure if a levelling kit will suffice or if I should spend a bit more and get a full lift. Max budget would be approximately $700 and I plan to install it myself. This will be used mainly on road as a daily driver.

As far as wheels, I am thinking of 17" wheels and looking for something with a 4.5" backspace. I was also considering American Outlaw wheels but the ones I like have 4.75" backspace and I'm not sure if they will rub?

Anyways, I will continue researching but if anyone has any input, I would appreciate it!

Thanks
Other members have been running the stock 17" moabs (6.25") backspacing with (1.50") wheel spacers which would be around the same backspacing as the rim you are looking to get. I have heard that there has been very minor to no rubbing with that setup/backspacing..
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aldaman
Other members have been running the stock 17" moabs (6.25") backspacing with (1.50") wheel spacers which would be around the same backspacing as the rim you are looking to get. I have heard that there has been very minor to no rubbing with that setup/backspacing..
Thanks for the help!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 3.21 gears

I guess I should have went with the 3.73's but decided to stay with the 3.21's. I was hoping the first gear was lower, but it doesn't appear that way. I had a truck with 3.08 and 33" tires, but had the bulldog first gear. With the new 2012 power I may not have much problem on the road maintaining my speed. I don't plan to do a lot of hard off roading. Other than the gear ratio I wouldn't change a thing. I just have to get use to down shifting more.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the new Jeep and WELCOME! I personally love the white Jeeps, especially with the black accents. If you're doing a lift, might as well do it right. You can run stock on 33's and save a little more scratch for the lift. Those 7 spoke wheels also seem to sell well, so there is hope...
Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats on the jeep post pics when you get a chance!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Newbie

We love ours so far

Quick Reply: New member buy a 2012 this weekend, few questions!!