Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New lift now traction control probs.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strombeck
Was your jeep pulling either side prior to your alignment? Or was it doing anything unusual that you could tell?
Nothing unusual. Very slight pull to the left and steering wheel slightly off center. Pull was a tire balance issue and I could have corrected the wheel myself but I have always had a computerized alignment done after changing suspension or steering components. Tires cost too much to chew thru them for no reason.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The AEV is a great kit and should have come with everything you need.

What size tires are you running?

What wheels are you running? I understand if the wheels have extreme negative offset you might run into issues with ESP.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

How would you know if the axels are centered?
This is what I did and it worked really well. Park on flat service. Put jack stands under Axel's and take wheels off. Get a level and put on side of the hub and if it is not level put a jack under one side and take jack stand out. Adjust jack until it is level at the hub then have someone hold level and measure into the same place on both sides into the frame. You should be able to get really close. I got within 1/32 of an inch.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
The AEV is a great kit and should have come with everything you need.

What size tires are you running?

What wheels are you running? I understand if the wheels have extreme negative offset you might run into issues with ESP.
I am running AEV wheels with BFG KM2 35"x12.5x17
Old 05-24-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I"m still having this issue.. only 2.5" lift now 3.5". aligned many times, center wheel many times, added adj trackbar back in feb. still happening..
Old 05-25-2012, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rdubb1031
I"m still having this issue.. only 2.5" lift now 3.5". aligned many times, center wheel many times, added adj trackbar back in feb. still happening..
I wonder what is causing this to continue to happen?? It really sucks. Happened to me again last night. I am taking it back to have it aligned again today to see it it will correct this.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

I wonder what is causing this to continue to happen?? It really sucks. Happened to me again last night. I am taking it back to have it aligned again today to see it it will correct this.

Rdubb1031 & Strombeck, I don't see adjustable front control arms in your signature. I had the same issues on my 2008. I have found the best fix is to add adjustable lower front control arms. The new arms will allow you to get your caster properly set.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by backwoodjk
Rdubb1031 & Strombeck, I don't see adjustable front control arms in your signature. I had the same issues on my 2008. I have found the best fix is to add adjustable lower front control arms. The new arms will allow you to get your caster properly set.
Hmmm.. I guess I'll look in to this. I"m going to get some AEV drop brackets next week, install those and see what happens. after that I'll look for from front LCAs. you wouldn't happen to remember what dimension you set them at over stock?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Set your lcas to 23" to start, and fine tune from there. The 23" starting point is about 3/8" longer than stock. The 3/8's longer sound like just a little, bit it makes a big difference.

I had mine set to 23 1/8 which equaled no more esp issues.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backwoodjk

I am going to call AEV because they told me I do not need adjustable control arms and when they do the AEV factory builds they don't use adjustable arm? I am not saying you are wrong by any means it may well correct our problem. Thanks for you input I do appreciate your help.

Quick Reply: New lift now traction control probs.