Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New to jeep lifestyle

Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to jeep lifestyle

I'm fairly new to the jeep world with my 2011 black wrangler sport. All stock. I have been wondering what my first mods should be. I am a senior in highschool and I'm paying for all of this on my own. I would like opinions on what I should start my project with as seeing I'm planning to mod it.

Thanks a ton for the comments
Old 07-14-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the Jeep world/friends/family/lifestyle etc! As far as mods go its all about what you want to use your rig for. But you're in the right place for opinions and help. Welcome!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many variables...start with what do you want to use your Jeep for and what's your budget? Spend some time looking through the show and tell threads for different tire and lift sizes to get ideas. Also check out the cheap and easy mod thread in the modified section.

There are a lot of little things you can do to start making it your own.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Always check the forums for good deals on mods you want. Craigslist I decent too. All my aftermarket stuff was preowned and considerably cheaper. Except the tires an rims... Went through the vendors on this forum
Old 07-14-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Start with an end in mind and save money in time. I had my first Jeep post graduation so way to go. Save money and plan mods the way u want them. Don't rush it.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Enjoy it stock. Take it wheeling and see what you want it to do. A stock Jeep will go more places then you can imagine. Do NOT try to keep up with people on this forum. Even if I won the lottery I could not keep up with half the people on here. Remember Jeep= Just Empty Every Pocket
Old 07-14-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before you do any mods you should get some basic safety and recovery equipment eg, Fire Extinguisher, Shovel, Axe/Hatchet, snatch strap. Then find some one to go four wheeling with.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ericxveverka@live.com
I'm fairly new to the jeep world with my 2011 black wrangler sport. All stock. I have been wondering what my first mods should be. I am a senior in highschool and I'm paying for all of this on my own. I would like opinions on what I should start my project with as seeing I'm planning to mod it.

Thanks a ton for the comments
Welcome to the forum! I'm also a senior in high school. I saved and got my wheels and tires for my first mod. You'll definitely get bit by the mod bug because i sure did!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum check out the for sale section of the fourm
Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, my budget is really about 200 a week. So I'm just saving up. I have decided to go with tires an a lift. I was thinking about the km2's because ive heard good things about them. Also the 3.5" series 2 susp. Lift by rough country. Any complaints with those? I would like to get into some moderate off roading and climbing, but nothing big yet

Quick Reply: New to jeep lifestyle