Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Jeep or Hemi Upgrade?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me personally, I'd either find a cheap Hemi to throw in there, or supercharge it. and take the rest of the money and find a go-fast boat that needs some work done, and flip it for more $.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the thought of a Hemi wrangler but if I had the money I doubt I would do it. I've always wondered what the outcome would be if you were involved in a head-on collision. I wouldnt want a hemi flapping around on my lap in case of an accident. JMO

Also think of what you could do to your rig with $20k
Old 10-21-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

xtra 20K - invest...
Old 10-21-2010, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

I initially thought I would go Hemi route. However, my wife and I are thinking about buying an old CJ and using that for more of our daily driver/around town get around....and then do up the JK! I agree with the others, gears and other key mods should get you what you need...but the Hemi would be fun! However, this is all pie in the sky for me...I don't have an extra $5 to spare...let alone $20k!

Quick Reply: New Jeep or Hemi Upgrade?