Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Jeep

Old 01-28-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeep

I am looking to purchase a new Jeep and needed some advice. Before I buy anything are there any options that are a must have? This is what I an thinking about getting...
Silver Sahara 4-door
4X4
automatic
Power windows and locks
Both tops
up-graded stereo

Thanks for any advice
Matthew
Old 01-28-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Besides the ones you already added, there's not much left. The sahara is fairly loaded.

Many guys love the my gig, but I'm happier with my aftermarket setup.

I'd probably add the tow package for the heck of it. And maybe the 17inch wheel and tire package, if you're going to upgrade (seems like there are more tire options for 17 inch rims than 18 right now)

Oh, and welcome to JK forum!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of depends on what you're planning to do after the fact. For example, if you're planning on lifting and re-gearing then the 3.73s that I think now come with the tow package wouldn't be necessary. But, you'll probably want that gearing if you're not planning on lifting right away.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tgrt
Kind of depends on what you're planning to do after the fact. For example, if you're planning on lifting and re-gearing then the 3.73s that I think now come with the tow package wouldn't be necessary. But, you'll probably want that gearing if you're not planning on lifting right away.
he wants an auto so 3.73s come standard..
Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

I do have future plans to put a lift and change the rims and tires. This will be my daily driver I still need to keep it streetable. I was thinking about a 4-5" lift later in the year. I will do some trail riding but nothing to extreme yet. This will be my first 4x4. My usual play toys are muscle cars. I will attach a picture of the most recent car I sold. So I might be asking a lot of questions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wallpaper.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	5759  
Old 01-28-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mtuck
I do have future plans to put a lift and change the rims and tires. This will be my daily driver I still need to keep it streetable. I was thinking about a 4-5" lift later in the year. I will do some trail riding but nothing to extreme yet. This will be my first 4x4. My usual play toys are muscle cars. I will attach a picture of the most recent car I sold. So I might be asking a lot of questions.
That is what this site is for. Lots of questions and lots of answers. I have learned so much on here and am very pleased.

As to the Sahara, I think you have it covered. I hve the mygig on our minivan and really am not that pleased with it. I am having a bunch of trouble with the system not recognizing the songs and the system freezing up. The dealer has done all of the possible updates and have no idea how to fix it. I could not justify $1275 for something that has proven, in my case, to be problematic.

The one thing that I am very happy with in my Sahara is the Yes essentials. My son spilled his prange juice on it and the liquid just at ontop until we wiped it up. No stain, not really even wet. Great stuff!

You will soon see that the Jeep is different than everything else on the road. It truly is a great driving expierence.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mtuck
That's kinda what I am looking. 67/69 RS/SS or Z28.
Damn nice car...

Quick Reply: New Jeep