Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New here and need some advice please!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EJM05
Im leaving for Afghanistan in August so when I return home ill have some $$ to play with.
I'm in the Army, stationed at Fort Riley. Good luck with your deployment. Save your money and wait until you get back to buy. The AAFES car sales guys can help you if you want to go that route. If so, place your order 90 days out from your redeployment. That should give you plenty of time to complete the order and have your new ride waiting on you as soon as you get back.

Gearing should be easy if you're looking for a 6 speed maunal Rubicon. You're limited to 4.10:1, the highest stock gearing available. You can get higher gearing aftermarket of course. And thats what being a Jeeper is all about, making it your own.

Last edited by efryday; 01-19-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

My humble opinion is just get a 12', the prices on good used JK's are high, almost as high as a new one.
I have an 11' Unl. Rubi and I love it but I should have waited for the 12's; a much better motor and trans.
If you join tread lightly (TL) you can find a dealership willing to go with the TL 2% below invoice price I think it is; that's what I did.
You can search all the dealerships inventory online; it's very easy. Most dealerships I called wouldn't honor the TL price; no problem; I just moved on. I don't reccomend visiting the dealerships in person; just search online and then call to see if they'll honor the TL pricing, the whole deal can be done over the phone. Once you have a deal then visit the dealership to make sure you like what you're getting. Some on this forum claim they did even better than the TL discount so maybe there's even some more room to negotiate there.
And thank you for your service to our country; be careful and come back safely.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Ok i found a new 2012 Rubicon near me that looks promising. http://www.berterachryslerjeep.com/n...dbbade2031.htm

im gonna call about it tomorrow
Old 01-19-2012, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EJM05
Ok i found a new 2012 Rubicon near me that looks promising. http://www.berterachryslerjeep.com/n...dbbade2031.htm

im gonna call about it tomorrow
I would come in at about $28k or so. YOu should defiantley not pay more than $29.5 for that. My JKU Rubi stickered at $38,590. I apid $33,611 before taxes. I also ordered mine if that matters
Old 01-20-2012, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I would come in at about $28k or so. YOu should defiantley not pay more than $29.5 for that. My JKU Rubi stickered at $38,590. I apid $33,611 before taxes. I also ordered mine if that matters
Wow! I'll keep that in mind. If you got yours for that price I will defiantly talk them down on a JKU Rubi. Not Manu 6spd manual in my area.

Quick Reply: New here and need some advice please!!!