Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Commercial: Jeep & Juventus Nothing Can Stop Us

Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bianconeri
Doubt there are many soccer fans here, but this place is crawling with Jeep fans

A brand new commercial, probably aired in Europe only. Featuring the squad of Juventus, the top Italian soccer club and arguably top-5 European clubs.

Jeep started sponsoring Juve last year..

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXyXM_aCPP8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Just read more of your post and unfortunately I have to whole heartledly disagree, they aren't even a top 10 European club right now...but I do love them
Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
Just read more of your post and unfortunately I have to whole heartledly disagree, they aren't even a top 10 European club right now...but I do love them
They are top 5 in terms of history hands down. They took a hit after the calciopoli scandal in 2007. Capello's team was definitely in the top 5. 5 Juve players where where instrumental in Italy's World Cup success in 2006. In the final, 8 Juve players were in the pitch.

Then calciopoli happened they took a hit, but they are coming back at full speed. Last years Champios's league campaign they got to the top 8 only to be knocked out by the eventual champion.

They also drew Chelsea away and won home and knocked them out, which puts them up there at the level of a top English team.

Even if you discard results and look at squads, they perhaps have the toughest defence in Europe, and an amazing mid that easily ranks top-5 (Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba) they are lacking in the offence though.

I know I am biased but seriously what are the 10 teams you rate before Juve? Been scratching my head for a while to figure it out. The 2 Spaniards, 3 English (City, Man U, Chelsea) 2 German, and maybe PSG? Other than these teams I don't see anybody even worthy of being mentioned.

Last edited by bianconeri; 09-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
JK Freak

Great commercial!! I gonna call my friends to go play soccer (football)!!!!

Last edited by Yuriy; 09-07-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bianconeri

They are top 5 in terms of history hands down. They took a hit after the calciopoli scandal in 2007. Capello's team was definitely in the top 5. 5 Juve players where where instrumental in Italy's World Cup success in 2006. In the final, 8 Juve players were in the pitch.

Then calciopoli happened they took a hit, but they are coming back at full speed. Last years Champios's league campaign they got to the top 8 only to be knocked out by the eventual champion.

They also drew Chelsea away and won home and knocked them out, which puts them up there at the level of a top English team.

Even if you discard results and look at squads, they perhaps have the toughest defence in Europe, and an amazing mid that easily ranks top-5 (Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba) they are lacking in the offence though.

I know I am biased but seriously what are the 10 teams you rate before Juve? Been scratching my head for a while to figure it out. The 2 Spaniards, 3 English (City, Man U, Chelsea) 2 German, and maybe PSG? Other than these teams I don't see anybody even worthy of being mentioned.
History for sure, again I love juve, but with the up and coming Russian oligarch owner powerhouse teams they aren't top 10, Chelsea has no history which I get but we just won a CL and a Europa league trophy back to back years...man u Chelsea man city psg barca real bayern arsenal monaco Dortmund then yea I guess they would definately be top 10...I may have been a bit over zealous w that's statement...but surely not top 5...and again I'm saying that as a fan I've had a juve jersey since I could walk but I've become a diehard Chelsea fan since I was 7, and I find the EPL way better than serie a
Old 09-08-2013, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jknit
History for sure, again I love juve, but with the up and coming Russian oligarch owner powerhouse teams they aren't top 10, Chelsea has no history which I get but we just won a CL and a Europa league trophy back to back years...man u Chelsea man city psg barca real bayern arsenal monaco Dortmund then yea I guess they would definately be top 10...I may have been a bit over zealous w that's statement...but surely not top 5...and again I'm saying that as a fan I've had a juve jersey since I could walk but I've become a diehard Chelsea fan since I was 7, and I find the EPL way better than serie a
The keyword in my original post was "arguably," and we are performing that exercise now. Tsk tsk :p

Juve, I believe can hold its own against most of those teams, and probably beat half of them. I mean Monaco? Seriously? Chelsea, they beat last year. Madrid they beat 3 years ago home and away. And they'll be playing them again this year, and I have a feeling they will change your mind!

Anyways love a good and healthy footie discussion
Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Hala Madrid...

Quick Reply: New Commercial: Jeep & Juventus Nothing Can Stop Us