Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Do You Agree that HP/Win 7 is a Better Jeep Commercial?
Yes, there's more Jeep imagery.
42.86%
No way, I love the hair dresser babes!
28.57%
Are you kidding me? I'm a Mac user!
28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

New Commercial with Jeep?

Old 12-21-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
... but the poll is an indirect statement of my disappointment with the bona fide Jeep ad.

OK Mark. Now I see the point you're making.

I guess I disagree about effectiveness of the hairdresser ad. Its clear focus is to sell the top-town, wind-in-your hair release that comes with driving a Jeep. And it draws its target audience in with a bit of a misdirection. Misdirection is not a new concept. Think godaddy.com.

I notice a lot of folks bashing the "I live, I ride, I am" campaign because they want to see Jeeps off-roading. Well, who knows? there might be one in the pipeline. This is a very versatile campaign, I think.

30 seconds isn't a long time. I used to write radio commercials for a living. You identify your target and sell one thing. Jeepers who like to mod their rigs and tear them up off-road haven't been the target of the first two "I live" ads. So I doubt Jeep cares whether those guys like the ads or not.

But I could easily imagine a clever cross between the clock-watcher ad and the hairdresser ad, subbing some fun trail shots ala the earlier "roller-coaster" ad.

But in any case, None of us are targets of these ads, so our opinions are irrelevant. We already own Jeeps, and aren't going to be swayed pro or con on a repurchase decision by a TV ad. TV ads are intended for fresh meat.

Quick Reply: New Commercial with Jeep?