Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Needed to vent

Old 12-02-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed to vent

To begin with, sorry mods if this is posted in the wrong place. I was going to use "anythin and everything" but it is about my jeep.

I purchased some sliders for my 4dr from a vendor that is not a sponser on these forums.

Now before you get on me, I do support the vendors here and purchased my lift and spacers from Northridge.

I wanted some sliders that Dave doesn’t sell so I chose to use a company that has a “4” in its name. They have a shop local to me and I was in a hurry. Yesterday they arrived to my house and to my dismay they were for a 2dr. The problem is with them as my order shows the right item was purchased. I leave on Saturday for a 3 week vacation and planed to wheel some and needed these. It really pisses me of the 2 options they give me are, buy another set and get refunded when the wrong set is returned to them or ship these back and have the right set sent after they receive them. They should need to next day the correct set to me and make this right.

Moral or the story is stick with the sponsors here and I’m sure they would have done the right thing. Vent over…
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Return them to the local shop and purchase some new ones from a forum sponser online and let them know you need them ASAP and see if they can help you out.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

I would return them emmediately, then give a sponser a call to find out which ones are in stock!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elpasocrawler
the 2 options they give me are, buy another set and get refunded when the wrong set is returned to them or ship these back and have the right set sent after they receive them. They should need to next day the correct set to me and make this right.

Moral or the story is stick with the sponsors here and I’m sure they would have done the right thing. Vent over…

You can provide the name of the vendor that you ordered from, however you are not allowed to post a direct link to their web site. I for one would be curious who this vendor is so as not to make the mistake of ordering product for one of my 2 JK's.

That said, regardless of whether they're a vendor is a sponsor of this forum or not it is possible to receive bad customer service. There are some who do go above and beyond the call of duty (Dave at Northridge) and there are others who have not.

As for the two options the company has presented you with, well honestly that practice is not out of line with industry practice. I do not know of any company that would send you replacement product when you are still in possession of the original item. You may not agree with that practice, and it surely sucks to be in the position you're in but they did give you options.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kkuntz01
You can provide the name of the vendor that you ordered from, however you are not allowed to post a direct link to their web site. I for one would be curious who this vendor is so as not to make the mistake of ordering product for one of my 2 JK's.

4 Wheel Parts / 4WD

That said, regardless of whether they're a vendor is a sponsor of this forum or not it is possible to receive bad customer service. There are some who do go above and beyond the call of duty (Dave at Northridge) and there are others who have not.

Agreed

As for the two options the company has presented you with, well honestly that practice is not out of line with industry practice. I do not know of any company that would send you replacement product when you are still in possession of the original item. You may not agree with that practice, and it surely sucks to be in the position you're in but they did give you options.
Yes, I wouldn't expect to be sent a replacement while holding the others. I just wanted the right ones sent rapidly to the store and I could just drive over and exchange them.

Thanks for the replys guys. Great people on here!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well theres a 3rd option, get a two door and everything will be fine.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about 4wheelparts, I had the same issue 2-3 times over the years.

In the past I naively believed they would have things in stock because they have large stores, only to find out you have to order almost everything and unlike most
internetretailers their shipping departments doesn't have proper QC on orders.

Quick Reply: Needed to vent