Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need Winch Assistance: SoCal

Old 04-27-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the high desert and have an opportunity to pick up a used Warn XD9000i. The pawn shop is trying to get rid of it for super cheap but they don't have the controller for it. I want to test it before I buy to make sure I'm not getting a problem. Is there a way to jump wires to make sure the winch will pay out or in before I buy? Or if someone up here can loan me a controller for a little so I can test it. Thanks. Oh, they want 150 bucks. Thoughts?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by anaveragegijoe
I live in the high desert and have an opportunity to pick up a used Warn XD9000i. The pawn shop is trying to get rid of it for super cheap but they don't have the controller for it. I want to test it before I buy to make sure I'm not getting a problem. Is there a way to jump wires to make sure the winch will pay out or in before I buy? Or if someone up here can loan me a controller for a little so I can test it. Thanks. Oh, they want 150 bucks. Thoughts?
If you contact Warn tech support, I bet they provide you an answer to that question. Just FYI: Not all Warn controllers work on all of their winches. In the group I regularly travel with we have four Warn winches, and except for the two PowerPlants, none of the winch controllers can be used on anyone else's rig (Lesson learned: Make certain the winch controller is not buried in that storage cubby! LOL).

Quick Reply: Need Winch Assistance: SoCal