Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

need some input

Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeReo
thanks for the responses..credit is pretty good. I am going to double down on the payments for a while and see if I can start to kill this thing.

There you go if you can afford to double down do that. Just make sure to write 2 checks. One for the actual amount you owe that month and another one with whatever amount, and write Principle ONLY on the second check. You may have already known that, but I just wanted to make sure.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

double down on payments is always a good thing if can afford to do it
Old 10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by trailin08
double down on payments is always a good thing if can afford to do it
x2 -x3... I hope it all works out for you!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Thanx for the input. This will be the last time a buy a vehicle like this.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I guess I should ask as well as you should ask yourself why a Rubi? They are nice and they are very capable out of the box, but with alittle money (alot less then it would cost to trade your sahara on a rubi) you can make your JK more capable, and have the satisfaction of it being yours and you building it up. I looked at some of the things you've done to your JK and short of 4.10 gears and the 4:1 TC you're already ahead of the game. Now this is coming from the offroad stand point. Case in point, when I was looking at the new jk's I went to a dealer who kept trying to sell me a rubi with the power group dual top yes seats and all that fancy stuff...I told him I wasn't interested I wanted a bare bones X with vinal seats and a/c thats it. After searchin and searching I found one with the 4.10 gears and vinal seats and a/c. I built it up from there and it's at a point where I'm very please with it (although I always have a wish list to keep building). I feel much better knowing I put in the majority of the work building my Jeep rather then having DC do it for me. As far as comfort things go...I'm horrible for leaving my top down or in some stage of open in the summer time when those quick ran storms come through hence the seats. I'm not that worried about being able to hit a button to put down my windows. I guess through all my rambling what I'm getting at is ask yourself why do you want a new rubi, you can build your JK just as capable cheaper then the cost of a new rubi and more comfortable (short of the powergroup) cheaper.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I too thought about trading the X on a rubicon but I finally came to the realization it would not be a finacially sound decision. There are some things about the rubi I would like, 4.10, 4:1 Tc, swaybar disconnect. Instead I have put a little money in mine, wheels, winch, bumper, lift and have a very capable jk that is also my daily driver. Granted when you go off road you risk some damage but be responsible and you lower those chances. Anytime you leave your driveway whether going to work, slinging mud, climbing rocks you take the same risk. That is what insurance is for just be careful and don't be stupid with what you try to climb or cross.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeReo
thanks...I think that the most logical choice..and its what I really want to do anyway. Does anybody have any expirience with gap insurance? I use Geico and they told me they do not offer it.
Other insurance companies do and it's not that expensive. It'd probably be a good thing for you to get considering how upside down you are.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

I agree with you guys about building it yourself...I'm in no real rush. For what I winded up paying for the sahara, i could of had the rubicon..no big deal..about $3000 and i'll be in better shape than a rubi. The ? i was asking was how much of a hit are these guys taking when trading in an 07 or 08 x for a rubicon. I took the hit on a commander and it sucked.

Quick Reply: need some input