Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need a little help in destin

Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys down in destin on vaca and bought a soft top but it's missing the pieces that I think hold the top on. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have these they are not using that I can buy? It's the pieces that attach to the rear roll bar.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3014514373.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	192697  

Last edited by jjntj2003; 08-08-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
Hey guys down in destin on vaca and bought a soft top but it's missing the pieces that I think hold the top on. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have these they are not using that I can buy? It's the pieces that attach to the rear roll bar.

I will check with my brother. I noticed this weekend that he has these parts and only has a hard top. I'll advise later.....
Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

Thanks I'm down here till Thursday but need them as soon as I can get them. Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Yep. You are missing the mounting brackets that attach the top to the roll bars. Plus you may need the screws. I did not see those in the picture. A local dealer should have a set. I don't think that they are all that expensive.

Destin is a nice place. Beautiful beaches. I grew up in south georgia and we had a weekend house in Panama City. I miss that area.....
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper
Yep. You are missing the mounting brackets that attach the top to the roll bars. Plus you may need the screws. I did not see those in the picture. A local dealer should have a set. I don't think that they are all that expensive.

Destin is a nice place. Beautiful beaches. I grew up in south georgia and we had a weekend house in Panama City. I miss that area.....
I've called them they can get one side overnighted but the other side is on backorder.

It's a little seaweed now but water is warm and there's nothing like the gulf beach sugar sand.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

I'm not much help since I'm 3 hours away and I have a hard top, BUT enjoy your time in destin I love it there
Old 08-08-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I'm down here till Thursday but need them as soon as I can get them. Thanks again.
Sorry... I just spoke to him and he has been looking for a soft top himself.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kesmith8

Sorry... I just spoke to him and he has been looking for a soft top himself.
Cool thanks for the help.

Do they come already mounted in the jeeps? The guy I bought from has a sahara with dual tops, he bought used, and didnt know much and I never thought to look. I sent him a pic of where it goes and asked him to look but haven't heard anything back.

Last edited by jjntj2003; 08-08-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool thanks for the help.

Do they come already mounted in the jeeps? The guy I bought from has a sahara with dual tops, he bought used, and didnt know much and I never thought to look. I sent him a pic of where it goes and asked him to look but haven't heard anything back.
They did in my Rubi, but I did have dual tops. My brother bought his X used and to his knowledge a soft top was never installed.

On another note... I made a quick trip to Destin Friday night/ Sat am.... My wifes Ford Exp XL air ride systems let her down Friday afternoon in Destin and no dealer would look at it. I took her another car. I left Tallassee, AL at 8:00 pm and made it back home in her low riding Exp at 3:00 Sat morn.... Local dealership here will have hers fixed by tomorrow afternoon.... I had to put doors and top back on my rubi for her to drive this week.... first time top or doors have been on since April......
Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kesmith8

They did in my Rubi, but I did have dual tops. My brother bought his X used and to his knowledge a soft top was never installed.

On another note... I made a quick trip to Destin Friday night/ Sat am.... My wifes Ford Exp XL air ride systems let her down Friday afternoon in Destin and no dealer would look at it. I took her another car. I left Tallassee, AL at 8:00 pm and made it back home in her low riding Exp at 3:00 Sat morn.... Local dealership here will have hers fixed by tomorrow afternoon.... I had to put doors and top back on my rubi for her to drive this week.... first time top or doors have been on since April......
Sent you a pm.

Quick Reply: Need a little help in destin