Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need last minute advices info on a JK.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need last minute advices info on a JK.

So finally, it seem that I will be driving a 2dr JK Rubi. next week... The deal is pretty much done but I do have some last minute questions. The situation right now is that I have a choice between getting a 2009 or a 2008. Both car have similar options, and both car are priced below invoice ( A friend of mine works for the company that own the delership and is getting me a great deal). Of course the 2008 has the $1000 jeep rebate.

_My first question is about the GPS unit. On the 2008 jeep calls it my gig, on the 2009 they call it U-Connect. Is the 2009 a new unit or is it the same thing with a different name?

_I have read about the new little additions to the 2009, but is there any major differences between the 08 and 09? Have some of the "bugs" been worked out? I have read somewhere that the latches for the 2009 hard top have a new design.... Anyone know of any other differences?

Unfortunately I have to work this weekend and won't have time to stop buy a Jeep dealer to research it myself, so I am hoping someone will have some of the answers.

I appreciate any feedback anyone may have. I have to make my final decision by Monday morning.

Quick Reply: Need last minute advices info on a JK.