Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need help! I fell out of love for my JK, need help falling back in love with it...

Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Maybe you just need to go to some Jeep consoling to get your relationship back on the right path so your eyes are not constantly wandering looking at other vehicles with 4 wheels when you already have a commitment to a real 4 wheel drive vehicle at home.
What do you think this is? This is my counseling!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blkjkchicago
Maybe I need JK friends in the Chicagoland area to go offroading with. I really am all over the board on this. Before the Jeep I had a Audi, Porsche Turbo and RX7 turbo. I miss them days, having different vehicles depending on my mood. My other option would be to just pay the thing off by next year and buy a Mustang 5.0. I drove one about two weeks ago and dollar for dollar might be the biggest bang fout there. Plus I hear 2013 will be the last year for the Coyote engine. I guess the e.p.a. is putting the heat on more fuel efficient engines.
Keep the jk and get a 5.0 next year sounds dandy!!!! Have jk for fun and bad weather
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Simple solution to a simple problem

H E M I

Enough said
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok,
Yesterday I drove the new Wrangler, Cherokee V6 and the Hemi. Loved them all but the Cherokee with the Pentastar is really nice. The Jeep Cherokee was smooth, looks great and has really good power. I don't need a Hemi that gets 13mpg. My days with the JK might be over.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Well my policy is life isn't about going fast, the faster you go the less you pay attention, the more you miss, and the more shit happens. I like the fact that I can hop up into my jeep rain, snow it don't matter what the weather is regardless it is going to be a rewarding, relaxing, enjoyable, pleasurable stress free ride the whole family will enjoy. On a hot beautiful sunny day stripping down the jeep removing the doors ( which by the way became a family outing ) and taking that ride to anywhere, nowhere, somewhere, and where ever my jeep takes me, wind blowing on you and all around you in no hurrry or rush to get there is unamagineable. It's not about getting there know, it's how you got there when you got there and the pleasure it was to get there ( enjoyable isn't it ). whether on road off road playing boucning around I could go on forevere. What vehicle can offer you so much work and sometimes aggravation of putting down the top removing doors and at the same time a pleasurable, pleasing, rewarding, enjoyable, relaxing ride, what vehicle, JEEP. How can anyone fall out of love with that, unthinkable. Honestly I don't think you were ever in lover with your jeep you might have been fooling yourself.
In life and I tell my kids, Love What You Do, Do What You Love, and you wont find yourself falling out of love. This is just my opinion I hope all this helps.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my 2008 more now, with a million dents, scratches, etc, than I did when it was brand new. Love my JKU it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

After taking a few days to reflect on the cars I drove I have decided to keep my JK. I just couldn't come to terms with selling her or trading her in. She has been so good to me and after four years she still puts a smile on my face. I plan on finish paying her off next year, keep her and maybe buy a Mustang to fill that other void in my life.

Thanks for everyones input and really do appreciate the JK forum and all its members.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0220.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	344654  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome choice
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK07
Awesome choice
Thanks man. Is that a jeep club in IL?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Theres guys from Indiana etc. just sporting there logo. Im always working but they have get togethers every month Month etc. check out Chicago land b/s im trying to hit up the cliffs,or badlsnd youll prob. Fall in love all over once you take your rig offroad I know I did.

Quick Reply: Need help! I fell out of love for my JK, need help falling back in love with it...