Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

need help give me a call!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 11:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help give me a call!!!

this is a post from a friend, this was at corral cayon on the bronco peak connecter. the names have been deleted.

Well this started out to be a great run as usual whenever xxxxxxx is leading.I knew from the night before calling around who was going to show.
The morning started out right. the usual little problem for me at the tree.
And then it happened, and fifty feet later it happened again.
My built jeep that I thought would never break down, did. The rear yoke,and then the front passenger axle. Thats when I thought to my self that this Jeeping thing was over for me.
As the half mile hill and the boulders turned into a all day event, I found my self looking up to the 4 Men that made this day a event that I will never forget. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx never gave up. They worked 7 hours without a break. Stacking, rigging, winching, Spotting, walking up and down, up and down,up & down and up & down all day strapping on to what ever they could strap on to.
These 4 men showed me the other side of Jeeping. I could see the look of frustration on their faces,But they never gave up until they got me to a safe place for the night.
xxxxxx insisted in staying with me until my son should up with supplies for the night. Then he left his phone behind for me to use.My phone with Verizon had no reception.
xxxxxxxxx drove back down the Connector to find my son and give him a ride up.xxxxxxx took the rear. 10th in line. That means he would leave his Jeep behind , walk up to us, help , and then hike down and pull his Jeep up again.
xxxxxxx using his 4 runner and xxxxx with his Defender tandem towing me when ever possible. xxxxx got a hold of xxxxxx.
This is one guy that you should all get to know and have his number in your phone book. xxxxxx. Its better to know him and not need him, then need him and not know him. "IF HE CAN'T GET YOU, NOBODY CAN"He drove up the next morning from The Borrego Desert, Installed the stock driveline and removed the front passenger axle and got me up and running 3 wheel drive. It would have been another 2 days of winching and towing if Tom West would have not got me up and running.
I'm 51 yrs old and have always loved the outdoors. I have bad knees now that I am older. But after this weekend, sleeping out on the big granite slab guarding my Jeep, I had a lot of time to think about this run and future runs. If any one breaks down, gets stuck, runs out of gas, or gets in any trouble and needs help. Call me any time, any day. xxxxxxxx. I will come out and help.I will even stay out there with you until you get up and running or we get you out.
I can bet that any of the guys that I have mentioned will do the same. When a runs post up and mentions, Bring lots of water.
Bring a case per person, because you never know. Toilet paper, blanket, bug spray and a extra jacket wouldn't hurt either.
This was a very educational run for me.

if you are ever in need, on or off the trail. give me a call, i am in bonita ca(so cal area) . i am not an expert but always willing to help when i can. have fun and stay safe.

chad farner
619-889-4408
Old 05-24-2009, 02:52 AM
JK Jedi

Good story, how it should be. Also a good warning for being prepared for the worst case scenario.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Jedi

How bout I just go out and break down on purpose......then that'll give you a reason to come visit me in Alaska....lol. Great story.......good people!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is a GREAT Story
Old 05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tkob1060
that is a GREAT Story
It really is amazing the bond we as Jeeps and even with other 4 wheelers have, I truly believe everyone will do what they can to help a fellow wheeler out. It is awesome the friendships you form with other Jeepers, not just because they are fellow Jeepers but because they are always willing to do what ever they can for each other, they are great people. I'm always willing to help out and I will never accept anything for helping but a simple thank you. One day I will need help or need something someone has, in this community what goes around definitely comes around.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out in FL this weekend I really hate when I break down, I dont like holding my fellow Jeepers up.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good story

Quick Reply: need help give me a call!!!