Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need advice- damaged sliders

Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you post up some pics of said issue. I am considering these sliders and am interested in not only their response to this but also to said potential quality problems. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a personal deal. The bumper/tire carrier I received, looked like it had been dragged on two separate sides. I notified Dave from Northridge 4X4 and let him know the condition in which I received it. He quickly offered to make it right. I thought about it for about five minutes and decided it was going to get scratched on the trail either way, so I kept it. He then offered to take $50 bucks off something else I was going to order just to make things right. I declined, he was not the one responsible for the damage.

I try not to order straight from the manufacturer. In a case like ordering from Dave, his customer service is enough to make thing right. Oh, and I had talked to the manufacturer on another issue on the same product and they did not seem to care as much as Dave at Northridge did.

Good luck with your issue. And maybe consider ordering third party next time. Dave is one hell of fella.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

It looks more like damage from poor packing, not the powdercoat process. There are several pieces with flaking or scratches. I only took one photo. Here it is.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics that does look really interesting. I'm gonna go ahead and subscribe to see how this turns out. Did you order from a vendor or str8 from manufacture?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered from a store I found on google. They came factory packaged.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Stephens2r
I ordered from a store I found on google. They came factory packaged.
I would think that since you got them from a second party vendor you would need to contact them first.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I've contacted both. Just hoping it works out.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Serg5000
This is a personal deal
I don't know about your definition of "Personal" but I wouldn't accept a defected part.

If you send them to powder coating, they will need to be sand blasted or stripped, which can be an additional cost.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I will second the suggestion of using a spray bedliner. Whether you get this made right by the compnay or decide to fix it yourslef, at some point, you will bang these things up and they will need attention. I have the LOD sliders which have decent powdercoating but I haven't seen any powdercoatinmg hold up to smashing on rocks!

Anytime a scrape mine up I will quickly sand the spot down and use a little bit of the spray bedliner (I have the Rustoleum brand) to cover the exposed metal. Seems to blend in very nicely and prevents and rusting in that area.

Again, just a suggestion in case you can't get any resolve form the company.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

MBRP has responded to me. They have great customer service. Looks like everything will probably work out. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Quick Reply: Need advice- damaged sliders