Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My UN-scientific theory on the wave

Old 10-03-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My UN-scientific theory on the wave

While driving around in my JK I have found that I almost never get the "wave" if I have my top and doors on. However once the top is down and doors off, almost every jeep I see waves.
Could it be that a JK is not considered cool till the top and/or doors come off?
Old 10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by griffin911
Could it be that a JK is not considered cool till the top and/or doors come off?
Yep, the JK (or any Jeep for that matter) is much cooler with the top down and the doors off.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me that people in stock jeeps never wave and people in modded jeeps always wave.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JerryJeff
It seems to me that people in stock jeeps never wave and people in modded jeeps always wave.
this is the absolute truth.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know when I had my Jeep it was pretty stock looking (most mods were hard to see) and when my top was down with doors on I didn't get many waves just like with top on and doors. Once I took my top down and doors off I might as well have kept my right hand up in a constant wave.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JerryJeff
I absolutely agree. Modded Jeeps wave to each other 98% of the time. Non modded Jeeps it seems are more 50/50.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by griffin911
While driving around in my JK I have found that I almost never get the "wave" if I have my top and doors on. However once the top is down and doors off, almost every jeep I see waves.
Although non scientific it's definitely the truth. I find it really depends on the weather conditions, which incidentally correlates to your top dwn/doors off observation. On nice sunny days, people are in better moods and tend to wave more frequently, and are looking for other Jeepers while driving....those are also the same days, you would have your top dwn/doors off. I find I hardly get any waves on days, when it's just overall grey and blah out....modded or unmodded, it does not seem to matter.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

The next 100 Wranglers that I see, I will keep track of the demographics of the wavers and the non wavers. Excluding the Wrangler owners that I know (which would wave regardless of what I was driving). Any bets on the results? If our theories hold true, most modded Jeeps and Jeeps with their top/doors off will wave.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I would assume people that don't wave are also kitten killers
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey, what is wrong with punting a kitten?

wanna get a good laugh? my wife has a Saturn Vue. when i am driving it we make a game of waiving at other Saturn's of the same make. some of the looks we get are hysterical.

Quick Reply: My UN-scientific theory on the wave