Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My trip to Northridge4x4

Old 06-25-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My trip to Northridge4x4

I've been wanting to visit Northridge for some time, and finally got a weekday off to head out to see them.

Unfortunately, I left at 2:00 pm on a Friday from Seattle, and made the mistake of taking 99 to Kingston Ferry. After hitting construction, I had to sit in long lines to get on the ferry, and with all the delays I didn't make it to Northridge until 5:48 PM. They close at 6:00.

Dave wasn't there, but the guy I talked to was really nice and very knowledgeable. He even took me back to see two builds they just completed.

I can't tell you anything about one of the builds, I was too busy drooling all over the other one.

It was a black Rubi, with Bushwacker flares, EVO front coilovers, EVOLever rear coilovers, 37's, and much more. It looked ready to take over the world.

I noticed it had a JK Forum decal, so I'm hoping the owner of this beauty will see this and post some pictures.

I also got to see the "company vehicle" and got to look under the hood to see what a JK looks like with a V8 Hemi stuffed in there.

Anyway, they stayed open past 6:00 and I picked up some new lights and windshield mounts, and had a blast.

If you live in the Northwest or are visiting, it's definitely worth the trip to see the well stocked showroom. There's even a new Jeep in the showroom with the Teraflex Performance Leveling kit and 33's that looked quite stouter than I would have imagined.

To see the rigs they are building, and the great way I was treated just made me a long time customer for sure.

Thanks Northridge.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Did you ask for some decals?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAINSTATEBEAR
Did you ask for some decals?
I didn't think to, but honestly I felt bad keeping them as late as I did.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are only a few hours away from me. I would love to go up there one day and check out the shop! Maybe even buy me a few goodies; or one goodie! A PR44!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

The rig you saw with the EVO lift is my Rubi. Northridge is just about done with it, just waiting for Walker Evans Beadlocks to arrive. David loaned me his own set with 37" Toyos to get things dialed in and to use for a couple weeks. I will be posting in a week or 2 on the complete build with pics. David and his guys did a wonderful job building up my JK and had much fab work to do to get the EVO system in. In the meantime there are a few pics of it in progress over on the Northridge 4x4 facebook site:

http://www.facebook.com/northridge4x4
Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsears
They are only a few hours away from me. I would love to go up there one day and check out the shop! Maybe even buy me a few goodies; or one goodie! A PR44!
You won't be disappointed. You could also hit Tahuya on the way up or back. There's even camping at Tahuya if you wanted to make it an over-nighter.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blueice
The rig you saw with the EVO lift is my Rubi. Northridge is just about done with it, just waiting for Walker Evans Beadlocks to arrive. David loaned me his own set with 37" Toyos to get things dialed in and to use for a couple weeks. I will be posting in a week or 2 on the complete build with pics. David and his guys did a wonderful job building up my JK and had much fab work to do to get the EVO system in. In the meantime there are a few pics of it in progress over on the Northridge 4x4 facebook site:

http://www.facebook.com/northridge4x4
That's pretty close to what I would call my ultimate build. Only thing I could think to add is a Gobi Stealth Rack and a rooftop tent.

Can't wait to see your post and more pics. That rig will definitely turn heads anywhere you go, and I'm pretty sure anywhere means 'ANYWHERE.'

Quick Reply: My trip to Northridge4x4