Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My MPG sux for stock !!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just do what I do- reset your MPG computer before doing a stretch of highway driving. You're basically cheating and lying to yourself, but I'd rather look at 22.5 while driving instead of 13.2 for a quick pick-me-up.

This is my first winter with the Jeep, and my average MPG plummeted from around 19-20 to 14. Some broad I work with just told me she gets over 56 in her Prius.

I think I'm gonna tell my boss she's been stealing supplies.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SPARTA
Just do what I do- reset your MPG computer before doing a stretch of highway driving. You're basically cheating and lying to yourself, but I'd rather look at 22.5 while driving instead of 13.2 for a quick pick-me-up.

This is my first winter with the Jeep, and my average MPG plummeted from around 19-20 to 14. Some broad I work with just told me she gets over 56 in her Prius.

I think I'm gonna tell my boss she's been stealing supplies.
Was on the interstate this morning and one of those things passed me like I was standing still, I was going about 60-65, weaving in and out of lanes (4 lanes), I thought about just nudging his rear end a bit and see how they do sliding sideways down the interstate at 80mph, but I quickly woke up from that daydream when he slammed on his brakes because of slower traffic ahead of him..
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by db99wj
Was on the interstate this morning and one of those things passed me like I was standing still, I was going about 60-65, weaving in and out of lanes (4 lanes), I thought about just nudging his rear end a bit and see how they do sliding sideways down the interstate at 80mph, but I quickly woke up from that daydream when he slammed on his brakes because of slower traffic ahead of him..
I don't know what it is but there is a disproportionate amount of assholes driving Priuses around Chicago. I don't know if they are trying to hyper-mile of what, but its not unusual to find one tailgating someone going the speed limit in the right lane or jogging from lane to lane erratically.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luke M
I don't know what it is but there is a disproportionate amount of assholes driving Priuses around Chicago. I don't know if they are trying to hyper-mile of what, but its not unusual to find one tailgating someone going the speed limit in the right lane or jogging from lane to lane erratically.
Its not just Chicago. The NW is probably the Prius capitol of the world. I don't think I've EVER seen a prius that was doing less than about 80 and driving like an idiot swerving through traffic.

All those fools buy a Prius to get 50mpg and then drive it like they stole it. I don't think they realize how much driving like that kills their mileage.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by db99wj
Haha I hear you, man. Back in the Camry I used to mess with anyone who was driving like an asshole. Now in the Jeep, I pretty much have to swallow my pride and take it.

One of the first times I took my girlfriend out in the Jeep, some riceburner cut us off and nearly hit two other cars. My girlfriend looked at me with a huge smile, knowing what I was about to do. After about 5 seconds she looks at me and goes "Babe... you're not gonna do anything?" I move my knee and say "Look at the gas pedal. I'm GUNNING it."

Sigh.

Quick Reply: My MPG sux for stock !!