Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

my mother wants a jeep!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goaterguy
Oh please, Wranglers are for anyone who can afford it. There is no guild of Wrangler owners or anything like it, I own a 400 hp sport car but I don't race it, my wife drives an SUV but we don't have kids, what about sport bike riders, do they have to carve every corner or race everyday to work?

The JK, especially the ones with the new interior and more so with the new Pentastar are perfectly suited as a daily driver.

The fact that you own a vehicle doesn't mean you have to do everything it was intended or designed for...

To the OP, your mother will love a Wrangler, and congrats to you for being a son that thinks that she can still do anything!
If you have disposable income than sure you can buy anything you please but alot of people see vehicles as A to B transportation alot aren't prepared for the issues that are unique to Wranglers all you have to do is watch those news programs when you have a single mother of 2 than buys a 4door wrangler then complains cause it gets death wobble, its noisy, its rides poorly and leaks after 4 years of on-road use and wants a recall etc.

its not a matter of buying the vehicle its living with it,

How do you think the Jeep wave started, it started by owners of Jeeps seeing other owners and knowing instantly that person has chosen a Jeep for a very special reason that no other car can replicate and has chosen to live with it.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I can't ever leave my Jeep alone when I go back home or my mom will take it for a joy ride. I don't see anything wrong with it though. They are hard not to love
Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

My mom can't even get in mine. She's got bad a knee and I'm worried about her sliding out and blowing out the good one.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IZZNICE
My mom can't even get in mine. She's got bad a knee and I'm worried about her sliding out and blowing out the good one.
Same here, even my dad has a hard time.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha...this is great!!! My sister loves my jeep as well and would like to get one but she is quite short and everytime she goes to get in she always asks how do you clime in it easy. The funny part is I have not put the lift in yet!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Haha...this is great!!! My sister loves my jeep as well and would like to get one but she is quite short and everytime she goes to get in she always asks how do you clime in it easy. The funny part is I have not put the lift in yet!!!
My girlfriend is 5' and has a hard time at stock height. No idea what ill do when I lift it.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mom hates my jeep she totalled her Honda so she used my jeep for about 2 weeks she said she hated it because of the gas (drives about 100 miles a day) and she says that jeeps are way too Manly but she feels safe lol
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default May not be for everyone but,

Everyone enjoys a Jeep, weather you can climb into it or if you can afford it, it doesn't matter people like it. We gather here to discuss or read discussions about the JK because we enjoy them and its fun to own one even with the issues that come with having a JK.

I put it to my friends like this, Do you remember when you were young and in shape and you would go out with that knock out gal that was maybe out of your league, it was fun right? Now remember when you took the real cute gal (the Girl next door look) and she was a blast to be around she didn't have a problem getting dirty, she had a great time in whatever environment and she cleaned up very nice.
She wasn't as refined as the gal that was out of your league, but at the end of the day she was a lot more fun.
Yea that's what its like owning a Jeep and why I got rid of the Solstice. The Solstice looks great and was fun but I couldn't do anything with it, no dirt, no back roads, and not nearly as many MOD's as the JK. The JK is a lets have fun and get dirty riot to be around and it cleans up very nice. No matter what vehicle you have your going to have issues, you may as well have fun owning it!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stromsburg
Everyone enjoys a Jeep, weather you can climb into it or if you can afford it, it doesn't matter people like it. We gather here to discuss or read discussions about the JK because we enjoy them and its fun to own one even with the issues that come with having a JK.

I put it to my friends like this, Do you remember when you were young and in shape and you would go out with that knock out gal that was maybe out of your league, it was fun right? Now remember when you took the real cute gal (the Girl next door look) and she was a blast to be around she didn't have a problem getting dirty, she had a great time in whatever environment and she cleaned up very nice.
She wasn't as refined as the gal that was out of your league, but at the end of the day she was a lot more fun.
Yea that's what its like owning a Jeep and why I got rid of the Solstice. The Solstice looks great and was fun but I couldn't do anything with it, no dirt, no back roads, and not nearly as many MOD's as the JK. The JK is a lets have fun and get dirty riot to be around and it cleans up very nice. No matter what vehicle you have your going to have issues, you may as well have fun owning it!
Well said (blah blah blah too short!)
Old 03-12-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

My mom is the reason I have a JK!!!

She got a '09 and when the '11 came out she decided she liked it better, so I bought the '09 off of her.

She claims he doesn't know how to put the soft top down or take the doors off but I think that is just a ploy to get me to do it for her. She does have to doors off and top down as much as possible during the summer and SHE DOES WAVE, so she is using the Jeep to almost its full potential.

There is no way that she will do anything to her Jeep. I am trying to convince her to go wheeling with me at least once. I am getting pretty close to her wanting to go.

Quick Reply: my mother wants a jeep!!!!!!